PDA

View Full Version : I`m going to kill a CAT!~NEWBIE! Question

Pages : [1] 2

SaabRX
01-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Hello guys, SO I HEAR you people are THE KINGS of detailing.

I have a problem with a cat. Obviously it`s not just muddy feet.

I came out to my car this morning TO find the cat once again sitting on my car. As soon as he saw me he skidattled! But OMFG Scratched THE Phoock out of my BLACK 92x.

Please please tell me how to get rid of them. Do i have to repaint my car? :thx

And yes i know there are alot of swirl marks, when i picked it up from the dealer it was really sunny , they told me that`s how black cars are? Can i detail it somehow to get rid of those swirly marks? The scratches! though pls help me.. i will forever be in your gratitude@!@

Here are acouple pictures..

[img=http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7880/omg10gf.th.jpg] (http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omg10gf.jpg)

[img=http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7866/omg28xp.th.jpg] (http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omg28xp.jpg)

Lowejackson
01-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Welcome to Autopia

Looking at the pictures, the scratches look as if they could be polished out. There also appears to be other `man made` scratches but these may be easier to remove

WSUcommuter
01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Blast the cat with a hose or water bottle if you get a chance. Most cats HATE getting wet like that.

Bill D
01-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I`d read this thread (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66700) for additional info.

scottabir
01-28-2006, 02:29 PM
There is a product out there called the scat mat I think and it lays on your hood when you are parked....gives a little hair raising sensation to the feline friend looking for a warm place to lay ;) and it is humane so no need to be throwing lead at your nicely detailed car :D

SaabRX
01-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Thank you guys.

I bought a car cover today.. from subaru hopefully it wont take to long to get it in.

Do you guy think I will get a great detail if i pay to get it professionall detailed! at the dealership Then upkeep it after i learn all the tricks and practice. Or should i take it to a Auto body place that does only detailing. I mean i want it perfect, Not have fast. Should be with out the car for two day sor so? Thanks!!!!!!! Beers to you guys and thanks for the welcome!! and help!

Bill D
01-28-2006, 02:59 PM
It`s extremely hard to tell sometimes without seeing it in person but if you stick around this place for a while, you won`t want anyone but yourself doing the detailing. That`s how meticulous we are. ;)

White95Max
01-28-2006, 04:12 PM
And yes i know there are alot of swirl marks, when i picked it up from the dealer it was really sunny , they told me that`s how black cars are?

Ugh...stupid dealerships and their BS. The majority of cars on the road are swirled, and black really shows it. Is that just "how black cars are"? NO. Those swirls were caused by improper maintenance methods. Your paint doesn`t just get magically scratched because it`s black.

And you definitely don`t want to pay them to "detail" it. Dealerships almost always "detail" their cars before putting them on the lot. Your car is already detailed to the best of their abilities. Which is downright disgusting from those pictures. Somebody washed that car in long straight lines with a dirty mitt or towel. You can see tons of straight-line scratches all over the place.

I`d say do it yourself. If you want to take it to someone else to get the swirls out, look for an Autopia member in your area and see if they can help you out.

Setec Astronomy
01-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I bought a car cover today.. from subaru hopefully it wont take to long to get it in.

You bought a cover for your Saab from Subaru?

scottabir
01-28-2006, 05:53 PM
You bought a cover for your Saab from Subaru?

I was thinking the same thing lol

Sarcazmo
01-28-2006, 06:28 PM
The 92x is basically a subaru WRX if I`m not mistaken.

SaabRX
01-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Yep . it`s a wrx wagon, With acouple little things declared by saab.,. Ahem Gm.

Just like the 97x LOL it`s a TRAILBLAZER . Made by chevy.. OKay how do i find a local member...I need help.. Thanks Guys I like this place already!

So if i can`t get the swirls out.. Do ihave to get a new clear coat put on? That will be expensive :furious:

theeloved1
01-29-2006, 08:22 AM
I wouldn`t worry about having to get a repaint or anything like that....would bet that 90% of that can be polished out enough that its hardly noticeable if at all, so you can calm down there.

Where are you located, there`s probably someone on here from your area that could do it for you, and you might just be able to watch and learn :D Then you can stick around here, for another week or two and you`ll be buying a PC, pads, towels, and products like you have an endless bank account...at least thats what happens to the rest of us :lol

SaabRX
01-29-2006, 09:00 AM
I wouldn`t worry about having to get a repaint or anything like that....would bet that 90% of that can be polished out enough that its hardly noticeable if at all, so you can calm down there.

Where are you located, there`s probably someone on here from your area that could do it for you, and you might just be able to watch and learn :D Then you can stick around here, for another week or two and you`ll be buying a PC, pads, towels, and products like you have an endless bank account...at least thats what happens to the rest of us :lol

Im located in albany new york. ANd im extremly excited to become Extremly detailed*S*

BradUF
01-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I bought a car cover because I have cats and they just scratch right through it.