PDA

View Full Version : Optimum no rinse wash for those who have used it and QEW

imported_flatstick
01-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Just wanted to get a opinion on few things from those who have used the new Optimum no rinse wash and QEW.First how would you compare it`s cleaning power directly to QEW, less, more, equal? second do you find that your rinse bucket is as dirty, less dirty or more dirty ? have used it a few times at the 1oz to 1 gallon of water and I am not convinced that the cleaning power is the same as QEW. what do you guys think ? last what are you using to wash with, MF, chenille ( mitt or sponge) or sheepskin mitt ?

DrSauekraut
01-28-2006, 05:46 AM
It cleans just as well as QEW . . . yes, rinse water is dirty too. Have you tried adding more Optimum to the wash bucket? How about 2 or 3 ounces to each gallon? Me personally, I add extra for psychological comfort ;)

Here’s my method: two buckets, a MF wash mitt, an all-purpose MF towel, MF drying towel, and QD.

imported_flatstick
01-28-2006, 06:01 AM
I think it cleans just as well as QEW. Have you tried adding more Optimum to the wash bucket? How about 2 or 3 ounces to each gallon? Me personally, I add extra for psychological comfort ;)

Here’s my method: two buckets, a MF wash mitt, an all-purpose MF towel, MF drying towel, and QD.

Well I had used it before on my trucks that were not as dirty and it seemed to clean ok but upon thinking about it the rinse bucket was not as dity that time either as when I use QEW. hoping that my chenille mitt is the culprit but I always soak it and hand wash it in Woolite after I am done washing. I used 3 ounces of wash yesterday to 2.5 gallons of wash. I also pretreated the panels with a garden sprayer mixed with 1.5 ounces of wash / gallon of water. just find it wierd that I used this same method with QEW on cars and did not see the any marring . the new Optimum wash also has a QD built into it. I was so pissed I almost poured the stuff down the drain :LOLOL