PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar Problem

ptim
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Sorry no pics, it appears that when I clay barred the rear spolier of my Mustang Mach 1, left marks that can seen when sun hits it just right, the marks go all the way across. I havent tried to remove them yet, I just saw them today. Any suggestions on getting rid of the marks, I`m not sure if the spoiler is clearcoated or not. It has a black finish. :buffing:

BigAl3
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
the marks could possibly be clay residue from not using enough lube OR it could be some marring caused by not claying properly. trying using some paint cleaner (scratchx, dc1, etc...) and rub vigoursly into the paint until the cleaner is almost transparent, and then wipe away with a clean microfiber.

PadawanPrime
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
the marks could possibly be clay residue from not using enough lube OR it could be some marring caused by not claying properly. trying using some paint cleaner (scratchx, dc1, etc...) and rub vigoursly into the paint until the cleaner is almost transparent, and then wipe away with a clean microfiber.

Werd.

Clay (properly used) will NOT leave marks on your car.

Use PLENTY of lube (preferably the lube the clay was designed for). Make sure to wash the car first & dry it off, so the surface is freshly cleaned and free of loose particles/dirt/etc. that can be dragged across the paint.

Depending on what happened, you may have to break out the PC and polish the marks. If you post the pics, I`m sure you can get more SPECIFIC suggestions to solve your problem(s).

Peace.

imported_chpsk8
01-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Since there no pics can you be a little more descriptive with the problem?

Are the marks...

Scratches

Marring

Scuffing

Smearing

Hazing

We can go from there...

ptim
01-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Since there no pics can you be a little more descriptive with the problem?

Are the marks...

Scratches

Marring

Scuffing

Smearing

Hazing

We can go from there...

The marks looked more like scuffs, but it appears that I have removed them today. I used Megs scratch X, then I topped it with PB`s EX-P, all by hand. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lowejackson
01-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Glad you removed the marks but any ideas on why they happened to you, in order to stop it reoccurring again

ptim
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Glad you removed the marks but any ideas on why they happened to you, in order to stop it reoccurring again

I dont think I`ll use the clay on my spoiler again, its not a gloss paint, more of a flat black.