PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars products and "X" in the name

twitch
01-26-2006, 09:13 PM
What is up with Meguiars using the letter X in the name of plenty of products?

ScratchX

ColorX

PlastX

NXT

I am sure some of you know some history and could give a cool story behind it or is it coincidental?

Either way I just noticed it today since I now pay TOO MUCH attention on the detailing supplies aisle at the stores :)

wannafbody
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Colorx-bad name for a good product

twitch
01-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Colorx-bad name for a good product

That`s one reason I noticed this. I bought some as I was reading on the site that ColorX was a decent OTC product. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow.

imported_truzoom
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I think the NXT is actually just meant for "next generation" or something.

The rest is a clever marketing ploy because we all know the treasure lies at the X.

:D

BigAl3
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM
That`s one reason I noticed this. I bought some as I was reading on the site that ColorX was a decent OTC product. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow.

it`s a very good product and suprisingly... it has decent durability. it`s probably my fave megs product.

Alfisti
01-26-2006, 09:31 PM
because we all know the treasure lies at the X. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl

Yep, just clever marketing. Don`t worry about the names. Just find out if the product works!

Scottwax
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
it`s a very good product and suprisingly... it has decent durability. it`s probably my fave megs product.

Hmmm, I`ll have to give it a shot when I run low on #20.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-26-2006, 10:06 PM
ColorX is a good product, too bad its so darn hard to use. It loads up on the pad to quickly and is just too thick for my liking......

Here was my first and last use of it.......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/953-4tonb4.jpg

Nasty Ram from Oregon. He wanted it cleaned befor he returned home.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/953-4tonafter.jpg

After all was said and done, and about 5 hrs of time....

BigAl3
01-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Hmmm, I`ll have to give it a shot when I run low on #20.

scott... deciding between the two (colorx & #20) i called megs customer service (days ago) and they said that colorx has newer technology and would last just as long, if not longer than #20. whether they were saying that just to push me towards the consumer line, i dunno...

Scottwax
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
scott... deciding between the two (colorx & #20) i called megs customer service (days ago) and they said that colorx has newer technology and would last just as long, if not longer than #20. whether they were saying that just to push me towards the consumer line, i dunno...

Meguiars is having a training session in Dallas in a couple weeks that I am attending. I`ll be sure to talk to Mike Phillips and see what he has to say about the two. :)

JustinR32
01-27-2006, 08:30 AM
ColorX is a good product, too bad its so darn hard to use. It loads up on the pad to quickly and is just too thick for my liking......

That never was my experience, Patrick. I`d assume you were using it by machine? I usually apply and remove it by hand, using a terry applicator, and I`ve found it to be very straightforward. Perhaps it`s the difference between the professional and the consumer environment.

Tom

eclemens
01-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I normally mist the pad I`m going to use with a non-carnauba QD product first. That is usually plenty to do an entire car. It is also helpful not to work it until it`s dry, but leave it slightly moist. I never have a problem with application or removal. I like it on glass and wheels too...I use it as I would AIO...

VV

twitch
01-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Today I didn`t use the ColorX as previously thought due to the condition of the paint on my bro`s truck.

I decided to use SFX2 first because it needed attention.

See http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?p=669848#post669848 for the thread regarding it.

One of these days I will find out if "X" marks the spot... haha that was clever :D