PDA

View Full Version : My First Detail Went Great!

GrussGott
02-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks to everyone for advice. My first detail went great and I`d advise anyone who`s scared of using a PC and/or products, don`t be - it`s easy and you`ll get the hang of it fast.

I did an NXT wash, small amount of clay, AIO, UPP, UGE.

Here`s my advice for other noobs:

* Wash well! Take your time and do it right - maybe even twice because everything hinges on this step.

* Do the wheels immediately - I waited for some stupid reason.

* FULLY DRY THE CAR. Use a leaf blower, you`ll be glad you did.

* When applying AIO/UPP by PC, use a small amount and don`t turn on the PC until it`s touching the car!

* To buff off, put a MF polishing towel under your pad. I don`t know if this is taboo, but it went great for me.

* To do a whole detail including swirl removal is a huge task. I skipped this step and you can still see the swirls, but you have to look through the shine and I`ll tackle the swirls at spring time. The steps I listed pretty much burned me out.

All-in-all the car looks awesome and I couldn`t have done it without you guys! Thanks!

travisdecpn
02-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the success. I`m glad to hear that your first detail went so well, and I`m sure you will have many more great ones in the days and months and years ahead.

Nickc0844
02-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Glad to hear your experience went well....that`s what DC is all about!!

norahcrv
02-13-2005, 12:43 AM
:bigups Congratulations, GG!!!

Now you`re not a newbie anymore!! :D

Isn`t it fun & rewarding when you stand back and look at the shiny car that you`ve "created" ;)

:beer Here`s to many more in the weeks, months & years to come!!

Rub it out
02-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Nice job. Any pics? :headbang