PDA

View Full Version : Another foam gun

eyeguy
01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I was looking for the Simple Green foam gun and came across one from EZAll.com and thought I`d share a few details. 48oz capacity, different nozzles for varying water pressures, and best of all $29.95. It also has a quick disconnect that screws to the end of the spray nozzle so when your done foaming, you just disconnect and rinse. It looks like it`s being marketed toward livestock washing, but they also have solutions for vehicles. For half the price of some I`ve seen, I`m going to give it a try. After I use it, I`ll write a review.

imported_Neothin
01-24-2006, 09:45 PM
This product doesnt look like it will accurately measure out wash solution, nor does the tip look very efficent at creating the aeration needed for foam production. I`d just look for a simple green gun that I know will work for 20-30 bucks more than that.

http://www.ezall.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=6698daebb04eea5435e2ce32dc3f9ea2

eyeguy
01-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Too late. Just ordered it. If it doesn`t work, I`ll find a use for it.

imported_Neothin
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
until that product ships, it isnt too late. Besides, they`re not going to get to it until the morning. If your having second thoughts, shoot em an email/phone call in the morning.

eyeguy
01-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I`m gonna go ahead and get it. Who knows, this thing may be as good as everything else. Nobody will ever know if someone doesn`t try it out. There`s alot of products out there we`d never know of if nobody took a risk. I`d rather try this than be the first to try a new Cyclo or extaction machine. I can deal with a $30 loss vs $200 loss. If its that good I`ll put up some pics for you guys to decide for yourselves. If its not good I`ll put weed killer or siding cleaner in it.

cgc2
01-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Wally World has Weed-be-Gone on sale.

chml17l
01-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Eyeguy1-- I had also run across this foamer when originally looking for a foam gun. In the end I went with the brass Gilmour because you can easily adjust the dilution ratio as you use it. I could never figure out if the EZ-All clone was actually able to do that or if it just has a fixed product:water ratio.

Thanks for trying one out for the team and please keep us informed of your findings.

Accumulator
01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
That might work just fine. While I do like to adjust the dilution at the gun, IMO it`s not an absolutely critical feature. Oh, and the "pull apart at the central quick-disconnect" feature is something the Gilmour ones do too ;)

I wonder if you could effect changes in dilution by swapping out the different nozzles...might be worth a try.

DM101
01-25-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.gilmour.com/Cleaning_Maintenance/Washguns/foamasterII.asp

95QGFMR - Quart Foam Gun w/multi-ratio dial

If you can not find it I`d call Gilmore.

imported_chpsk8
01-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Hmmm... looks like something that might work. At least there are metering nozzles that you can replace to adjust pressure and flow. The instruction manual online had a decent breakdown of the parts. I cant` wait to see the review!

Farm stores are great. Thats where I found a heated bucket so I can keep my QEW warm while I wash in the winter! :D

There is also a vacuum/blower out there that one of the detail supply websites has that is originally a horse vacuum!

Accumulator
01-25-2006, 11:59 AM
MDRX8- Hey, good link to the Gilmour site :xyxthumbs

My personal preference is the 75[Q/H]GFMR LINK (http://www.gilmour.com/Cleaning_Maintenance/Washguns/foamaster.asp). IIRC that`s the one with the sliding brass mixing valve.

DM101
01-25-2006, 01:32 PM
I like that!!! sliding mixing valve would be great....

MDRX8- Hey, good link to the Gilmour site :xyxthumbs

My personal preference is the 75[Q/H]GFMR LINK (http://www.gilmour.com/Cleaning_Maintenance/Washguns/foamaster.asp). IIRC that`s the one with the sliding brass mixing valve.

eyeguy
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Wally World has Weed-be-Gone on sale.

:lol I picked up some on the way home.

I`m hoping it will be here for the weekend and we get some good weather. Those metering valves may be good to have for different soaps to get just the right amount of foam like the others. If it doesn`t work, well you have to take one for the team sometimes.