PDA

View Full Version : cleaning charcoal in carpet?

wannafbody
01-24-2006, 06:21 PM
short story-brothers dog got into a tube of artist charcoal and my brother tried a "wet" carpet cleaner which made a 4 inch spot a 18 inch spot. What would work to absorb the charcoal. I suggested baking soda or Capture carpet cleaner. Anything else?

Setec Astronomy
01-25-2006, 07:31 AM
I don`t think you have much chance of getting that out.

David Fermani
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
short story-brothers dog got into a tube of artist charcoal and my brother tried a "wet" carpet cleaner which made a 4 inch spot a 18 inch spot. What would work to absorb the charcoal. I suggested baking soda or Capture carpet cleaner. Anything else?

As soon as he got it wet, it set the stain. I would have dry brushed it with a stiff brush and then vaccume. Try to get as much of it our before adding anything wet. When cleaning, make sure to blot out, lifting out with a towel, instead of scrubbing into the fabric. Good luck.

p3passat
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Bad luck to your bro, charcoal is a F***ER to remove. They used to use it to make black ink back in the day. My only idea is to repeatedly wet with baking soda infused water and extract the area. The stain may not fully remove but it should improve it vastly. Try best not to let it dry out. Good luck

DaGonz
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Floor mats!

Brian_Brice
01-27-2006, 06:23 PM
dye it, a nice dark grey color might be just what the doctor ordered