PDA

View Full Version : Water filters (garden hose type)

RazorIX
01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know of any manufacturers who make inline `garden hose` filters - basically attaches to your garden hose and filters out all the nasty limescale etc and purifies the water to the point where it leaves virtually no streaks when drying on your car?

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

To get an idea of what I`m on about check out the following link:

http://www.aquagleam.com

Mark

HomicidalSloth
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I`m also interested. That`d be cool when paired with a cheap foam gun or something. Would be a quick two minute wash in the morning without even touching the car. Granted it wouldn`t get it completely clean, but should do just as good as a coin-op, and you can let it dry on the way!

imported_truzoom
01-24-2006, 04:42 PM
The CR Spotless is probably the most `realistic` in terms of filtering capabilty and reliability, although it is somewhat more expensive.

wannafbody
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
they have some in the RV section at Walamrt-not sure haow effective they are tho

BradUF
01-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Mr Clean auto dry system. I use it and it works great, dont even have to dry 90% of the car. Just around the edges. Only thing that sucks is water pressure and the need to buy a filter every 10 uses.

BobD
01-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I have the one from www.pwgazette.com . It works good for a final rinse but it really cut down on the water pressure coming out.

RazorIX
01-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I have the one from www.pwgazette.com . It works good for a final rinse but it really cut down on the water pressure coming out.

Yes, I think due to the technology used (resin) it will only be useful for the final rinse but I guess due to what it does I would only probably recommend it for rinsing prior to the dry off.

So then, these are pretty thin in the ground in the US? A good marketing opportunity for someone over there? :D

medic159
01-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I use this for final rinse and it does a great job. http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm

n2_space
01-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I have the PW gazette one because our water is just so damn hard, it definately helps. I wasn`t looking to it to eliminate spots, but rather to soften the hard water some.

huggybear
01-26-2006, 10:53 AM
One more vote for the PW Gazette guys. Thier Customer service is top notch.