PDA

View Full Version : you make the call ?

imported_flatstick
01-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I have some details coming up on some black cars and trucks in the next few weeks.Upon inspecting them they are in descent shape except some minor clearcoat failure starting on a couple of the hoods. was looking at a couple of products to mask the CC issue. the first two that come to mind are RMG and FTG, which has better concealing qualities? saw a post where GEPC was used as well. feel free to add to these choices. sorry no pics but the defects are not nearly as bad as any that have been posted so far. you can see some minor cracks on about 10% of the hood.

imported_Neothin
01-24-2006, 01:44 PM
To me, GEPC would be the better choice. I`ve seen examples on here where crazing was filled in with GEPC to the point that under inspection it looked perfect. RMG doesn`t seem to have that ability. It only seems to be able to fill in swirling.

imported_flatstick
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
To me, GEPC would be the better choice. I`ve seen examples on here where crazing was filled in with GEPC to the point that under inspection it looked perfect. RMG doesn`t seem to have that ability. It only seems to be able to fill in swirling.

Whitemax had a post where he did a Jag that had cc failure and the GEPC seemed to do a nice job. that cc was a heck of a lot worse that what I will be dealing with. have to admit the RMG was my first choice as it gets rave reviews. just was not sure of concealing properties though. the only glazes I have used were by Meguiar`s and was looking to see if something would fit the bill a little better.

imported_Neothin
01-24-2006, 02:50 PM
maxy`s post was what I was referring too. That post made me rather impressed with the filling ability of GEPC.