PDA

View Full Version : xzilon

pontman43
01-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Well now that I work at a dealer I know all about this special stuff. :LOLOL Here is my take on it.

Its a rip!!! The stuff smells like it has a high alcohol content and you wipe it on and it smears around much like a clear tire shine would and then you remove it before it dries (which is quick). It doesn`t change the look at all and is pretty stupid how much we charge for this crap. A little heads up for all those who dont already know, dont buy this crap unless you really need a warrentee (but read all it warrentees). I guess we show a video and stuff to the customer showing that spray paint will wipe right off. LOL

If anyone wants a sample let me know and I can get some out because we have crap loads of this stuff left (comes with like 8oz and takes maybe 2oz to do a car). I actually would like to know what you guys would get as far as durability as I already have a test going on all my cars. lol

Setec Astronomy
01-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Is this the stuff that in the fine print it says it has to be reapplied every 6 months? They don`t have any warranty info on their website.

pontman43
01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Actually warranty is for 3 years and no reapplication or comeback required. That is the only good part, but what new paint is going to go bad in 3 years.

imported_Neothin
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
no reapplication for 3 years? bah! And I bet the dealers refuse to reapply even if you come back. All the more reason why dealerships will never touch my cars.

pontman43
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
no reapplication for 3 years? bah! And I bet the dealers refuse to reapply even if you come back. All the more reason why dealerships will never touch my cars.

No, we will reapply for $1k. lol The stuff is magic man! I`m going to bring some home today and do a test on something (maybe the sink or tub).

RVM
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I actually saw this stuff demonstrated on a $75k Cadillac XLR at the dealership I work at. He wiped some on the hood, wiped it off, then proceeded to spray paint the hood. He then wiped the paint off. He did have to put some Xzilon on a cloth to get the paint off though.

My take? I think it`s ****. It doesn`t improve the looks, it doesn`t fill any marring and I`m not so sure it can even get close to what it advertises. Frankly, I have found that 99.99% of the time, if something seems like it`s too good to be true, it usually is.

I could probably get some samples out to a few people as well if they wanted to try it themselves. Personally, I can`t believe our general manager bought this stuff to put on cars. It seems really shady and when I quizzed the representative about it he was very evasive and didn`t know a thing about detailing products (not that I know much at all, because I don`t, but damn, this guy was a moron).

pontman43
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Personally, I can`t believe our general manager bought this stuff to put on cars. It seems really shady and when I quizzed the representative about it he was very evasive and didn`t know a thing about detailing products (not that I know much at all, because I don`t, but damn, this guy was a moron).

Ya, just like a lot of other representatives. My dad tells me about the ones that give presentations at his work all the time. lol Basically repeating stuff and have no idea what they are saying and BSing th rest. lol

Alfisti
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
but what new paint is going to go bad in 3 years.

All of them, if they`re neglected. A neglected paint will only look decent for about 6-9 months. After that it looks ****. Especially if you live in extreme hot/cold conditions.

pontman43
01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
All of them, if they`re neglected. A neglected paint will only look decent for about 6-9 months. After that it looks ****. Especially if you live in extreme hot/cold conditions.

I washed my bosses civic that hadn`t been washed since he bought it and it looked pretty good after. He has had it for three and a half years and its a 99 (black). Obviously there were a lot of swirls and tones of crap on the paint (it needed to clayed) but not failure in the clear! I`m sure it will start looking like crap, ya, but I highly doubt it will fail and even if it does then the waranty probably wont cover it. lol

Alfisti
01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
I washed my bosses civic that hadn`t been washed since he bought it and it looked pretty good after. He has had it for three and a half years and its a 99 (black). Obviously there were a lot of swirls and tones of crap on the paint (it needed to clayed) but not failure in the clear! I`m sure it will start looking like crap, ya, but I highly doubt it will fail and even if it does then the waranty probably wont cover it. lol

I`m not talking about clearcoat failure...that`s beyond ****.

I`m talking about what you`ve just described.

Scottwax
01-27-2006, 01:25 AM

True but if you regularly wash the car (and I am sure they have that somewhere in the guarantee), the decline in appearance will be gradual enough that the average person won`t notice. I detailed the exterior of a 4-year-old Isuzu Rodeo the other day that according to the owner had never been waxed. After just washing it (Optimum`s No rinse), it looked halfway decent. Of course, #20 did make a noticable improvement but if Joe Six pack saw the Rodeo prior to applying #20, he probably would have thought it looked just fine.

SVR
01-27-2006, 01:50 AM
So true alfisti , so true

My mate saw tonnes of six month to one year cars and the paint was only average

RVM
01-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Anyone have anything positive to say about Xzilon?