PDA

View Full Version : options of LSP to use after AIO; besides SG??

twitch
01-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I am looking to get opinions on what product would be suggested to use after the AIO to give the paint a lasting durable coat of protection.

I am a bit confused about the AIO.

Does it need to be followed up with a sealer like the SG or does the AIO provide durable protection by itself?

If it is followed by a sealer can it be something besides SG or will the coat of SG be the best bet? For example I have a whole bottle of Megs NXT. Would it be possible/beneficial to use this after the AIO?

I used to detail a few cars for neighbors when I was younger. I am now looking to start this again. My concern is that most of the customer base that I have will not really notice or appreciate the difference between 1 or 300 coats of SG. I want to be able to get the paint cleaned up properly and get it shined up while assuring that the protection will last a couple of months.

I hope this isn`t too confusing. If I am way off in left field let me know.

I am just happy that I got to the point of being able to use acronyms in a post and know what the really stand for :D

Thanks for any help you can give!

Scott

imported_Neothin
01-23-2006, 09:23 PM
you can follow AIO with just about any LSP, not just SG. I`ve used AIO followed by UPP, Natty`s Blue, a couple of glazes, etc etc etc. The way that I use AIO, it`s a cleaner product, not a protection product.

cwcad
01-23-2006, 09:40 PM
if you can follow AIO with Zaino you can probably use any sealnat that you want. FMJ or EX are good. also the collinite waxes are getting good reviews. Natty`s and Souveran are also good LSP`s.

twitch
01-23-2006, 09:45 PM
thanks y`all!

I was doing some more searching and ran across a thread where people were stating that the twins were very durable when used together.

Please keep the comments coming as I am interested in hearing what you have to say.

Thanks!

Mad iX
01-23-2006, 09:50 PM
That`s one thing I really like about AIO. You can use just about anything over it, including NXT.

It does protect the paint by itself but nowhere near as long as it says on the bottle. You`re more likely to get anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks.

Some of the more popular toppers for AIO are P21S, UPP, Natty`s, etc. Usually the pure LSPs.

Scottwax
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
EX-P, Acrylic Jett or FMJ all work very well over AIO.

imported_MCA
01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
AIO is a great prep product - excellent cleaning ability and can be used as a base for practically any LSP. Any non-cleaning LSP will work for you, but the definitive kings of durability are SG, Collinite, and Zaino.

Mark77
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
I have AIO+NXT on my car and it looks great and NXT seems to work better with AIO than most cleaners I`ve tried.

Scottwax
01-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I have AIO+NXT on my car and it looks great and NXT seems to work better with AIO than most cleaners I`ve tried.

Agreed, excellent combo. Really looks wet on white paint.

pontman43
01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
The way that I use AIO, it`s a cleaner product, not a protection product.

I agree, I use it before any wax or sealant on my car or a customer`s.

twitch
01-24-2006, 11:02 AM
thank you for the help and suggestions.

It is clear now that AIO will need to be followed up with another product for durability.

With time I will learn what combinations work best for me and the customer. Of course it all depends on the condition of the vehicles finish, customer needs (and/or expectations), and price.

Scott