PDA

View Full Version : ValuGard Fast Finish

Scottwax
01-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I got a few products from Ketch at Autoint to try, one of them being Fast Finish, which is a wax as you dry product. It comes in a 22 oz bottle with a nice sprayer that atomizes the product well so it comes out in a fine mist. Light cherry scent too.

I don`t know if this product is new or discontinued or what because I cannot find it on autoint.

The directions say to wash the car as normal and rinse thoroughly. Then spray FF on a section and dry as usual. It can also be used on dry surfaces as a QD.

It rained yesterday and I got done today with enough time to wash my car. I pretty much always QEW, now Optimum No Rinse wash my car so if you wash conventionally, I can`t guarantee the same results.

I mixed the proper amount of No Rinse in a bucket and started washing a section at a time. I used my Monster Fluffy MF towels (my paint is very soft, can`t trust my regular terry cloth towels) for the first drying pass, making sure I left some moisture on each section, misted the area with Final Finish, then wiped down the panel with a second MF towel.

Worked like a charm! I could detect no streaking, smearing or hazing. Seemed as easy to use as OCW is using the same technique. FF has a slightly warmer look than OCW, which is a bit more reflection. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Both look very good.

I don`t believe Fast Finish is intended to be a true LSP like OCW though but it does seem to be a fast way to maintain a just waxed shine and slickness with minimal effort. It maybe took me an additional 3-4 minutes longer than it usually does to simply wash my car with No Rinse. Probably going to be hard for me to determine how durable a finish it leaves since my car was already well waxed and No Rinse does have a polymer in it.