PDA

View Full Version : Does this look good to anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

stilez
01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/Summer%2005/ohnoes333.jpg

26" wheels and a 10" lift on an `85 Monte Carlo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-1985-SS-MONTE-CARLO-26-INCH-RIMS-CANDY-PAINT-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6171QQitemZ4606 488467QQrdZ1

Maybe my taste is a bit off, but I really couldn`t see how that looks "good" to anyone? I mean, the 10" lift on a car is one thing wrong...It`s 2wd. But, if you were slick enough to put 26" wheels on a car (anything nonetheless), you would hope they did the reasonable modifications to make them fit correctly. Right?

Discuss...

RTexasF
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Looks like a Tonka Toy! :eek:

SpoiledMan
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
There`s one I just don`t get. I saw a bunch of guys with custom cars down at the local Home Depot and this guy had an El Camino that was similar to that. He was telling another guy how his lift and big wheels helped him just slice through the air. I had to walk away before I started to laugh as that guy might have done me in for my laughter.

Porkanbeans
01-23-2006, 05:14 PM
I see crap like that all the time in downtown. It`s like a craze or something. Imagine how horribly it handles, not to mention the extremely high center of gravity.

BigChevMan
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
i`ve seen that car in person. It`s actually a very nice car, minus the ghetto stuff. I`d buy it and sell the wheels and have a nice classic muscle car.

Spilchy
01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I love the car (always have) and it`s a cool paint job (hideous interior color), but I wouldn`t be caught dead in somethig like that.

I`ll take the car (not that interior), a few performance mods, no stupid lift and a set of Fikse mag wheels http://www.fikse.com/mag.html

imported_truzoom
01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Yup. Come to the south and you`ll learn to brush it off like wannabe ricerockets.

Accumulator
01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
There`s a gunmetal gray Monte "modified" just like that one that I drive past now and then :rolleyes: I see it parked, in side yard on the grass, in a so-so part of town and it had its passenger door window smashed a while back. At least the guy had the window fixed promptly; I think he cares about the car, just has, uhm, different tastes than I do.

Spilchy
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
There`s a gunmetal gray Monte

That`s my favorite color. I just saw a Buick GNX w/ 500 miles on it sell for $72k on Ebay :drool:

Porkanbeans
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
I love the car (always have) and it`s a cool paint job (hideous interior color), but I wouldn`t be caught dead in somethig like that.

I`ll take the car (not that interior), a few performance mods, no stupid lift and a set of Fikse mag wheels http://www.fikse.com/mag.html

You`ve got the right idea Spilch. Those wheels on that car would be sick. I love the car itself as well, but the whole suspension/wheel thing completely ruins it.

imported_Neothin
01-23-2006, 07:22 PM
eh, to me, that`s not that big of a deal. Then again when I got to school I see escalades painted candy blue on 24`s and older caprices and impala`s lifted on huge spinner wheels with custom heavy metallic paintjobs (one is green, another is yellow) everyday. I guess something like that just doesnt have the same effect on me anymore.

VictoryRed
01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Barnum & Bailey would be proud. :grinno:

ceiol
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
well, you gotta admit, it makes cleaning the wheel wells and the undercarriage much easier!!!

seriously, it must handle like crap.

Scottwax
01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Looks pretty stupid to me. Why ruin an otherwise perfectly good Monte Carlo SS like that?

SpoiledMan
01-23-2006, 10:44 PM
As much as I hate to say it Scott, there`s a very good chance that the owner has put that car together from little to nothing. It`s kind of common for that GM body(Regal, Cutlass etc.) to be redone with the "street" guys. They do a pretty good job until they get to the obvious with this car.