PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrDetail
01-23-2006, 08:48 AM
I should probably say, why don`t you guys participate in other forums like detailersclub or detailcity? I am mostly a lurker here and hit some of the others occasionally and only see a few of you guys on the other forums. They all seem to have some great info and all seem to lean a little more towards `their` supporting vendors products but have to say that diversity is good and I think cross posting could only help all of the parties involved.

Is there a reason some of you only post here? If so is it just an issue with time or more of a politically motivated reason?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I did not see a Off Topic section.

imported_truzoom
01-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I was originally a DetailCity regular, but I find there are much more in-depth discussions here.

imported_gusbubba
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah, there DO seem to be some product biases on some other forums.

I still check them out from time to time when I need info on a certain product ,

but I`ve found that this is the most well-rounded forum with the most useful and

trusted information...for me.

Besides , I registered at one of the `other` forums and made the hideous mistake

of mentioning Autopia in my first post and was politely, but sternly told that it wasn`t

acceptable.......I never went back.

That sort of attitude , whether it be exclusionary snobbery or professional insecurity, just sort of

struck me as childish.

Hey, Moe!
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I, too, like the depth of discussions here. What I like most, though, is the civilized nature of this forum. The people who frequent this forum are simply good people who are interested in making cars look nice, and in helping others do the same. I am comfortable participating in this forum, and don`t see the need to look elsewhere.

A lot of on-line forums would do well to be more like Autopia.

Wasatch
01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
We are the original, lol DC is pretty baised IMHO, mostly PBs, 4* stuff and what ever sponser they carry. The discussions here are more open and honest. The variety here is pretty open as well.

JaCkaL829
01-23-2006, 10:34 AM
We are the original, lol DC is pretty baised IMHO, mostly PBs, 4* stuff and what ever sponser they carry. The discussions here are more open and honest. The variety here is pretty open as well.

I agree DC can get pretty biased although I still participate once in a while, mostly lurk. I`m not sure about the forum detailersclub I think I was on it once and it seemed like it was created by mostly people who got banned from here. I spend way to much time on forums so I`m usually active in 1 or 2, the rest I`ll just lurk a little a bit and thats it.

So far Autopia is numero uno :woot: , followed by CRSX.

Accumulator
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I spend too much time here as it is! I do hit MOL from time to time since I have decades of experience with a few of their products.

And yeah, I find Autopia to be a congenial place, where people can agree to disagree and still remaint civil. Autopians are, for the most part, people I don`t mind inviting into my life; I don`t need to pipe rudeness and "attitude" into my study via the computer ;)

BobD
01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
I can not get to detailersclub.com. I used to post on it then, everytime I go to the site and log i it says the server is too busy. So I even registered a new name and it did the same so I stopped trying to get in there.

imported_Neothin
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
I`m registered at detail city, but I still mostly lurk. I just like autopia better.

White95Max
01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I found DetailCity first, but then learned about Autopia. It seems that this forum has more active discussion, less bias, and more information. I still visit DC once in a while, but don`t post much. As far as Detailer`s Club, I find the whole idea amusing, that a bunch of weenies that got banned from here had to go form their own forum. :lol

Sherman8r44
01-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I participate everywhere, but not all that much at detailersclub because I haven`t tried Zaino yet. I also recently started participating at danaseforums.com.

BobD
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I participate everywhere, but not all that much at detailersclub because I haven`t tried Zaino yet.

I do remember there being a lot of Z guys over there.

scottabir
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I am not going to bash any online forum but I usually go to Danaseforums.com, DC and meguiars online to get a broader range of knowledge.

TGates
01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I only use DC for the Poorboys and Autogeek forums. Sometimes there are posts there that bring a sale or promotion to my attention that I would never know about here. I understand WHY, and I`m not bashing Autopia for that. It`s

getright
01-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I am like white95max. I found detail city first, well i actually found autopia-carcare first of any thanks to acura-cl.com, and then finally figured out it was autopia.org! I will agree that dc may seem biased but you still find alot of discussions of products that aren`t sponsors, it`s true that sponsors may carry the products but from what i`ve read at dc you still get plenty of unbiased reviews and tricks for using certain products. Plus, like was mentioned before, you definetly find out about sales, specials, and discounts alot more from dc. I was thinking that someone should post a sticky of the discounts that being and autopian provides you with. I like this forum alot due to the fact that it has a broad spectrum of knowledge and good informational posts. I see a few that autopia and dc and i`m sure you see me, as long as you are learning or teaching i don`t think that it matters! Definetly have to give props to my acrua-cl.com peeps, that`s where my forum obcession began.