PDA

View Full Version : FX Synwax discontinued?

Pages : [1] 2 3

novadude
01-23-2006, 07:49 AM
I`ve been seeing this stuff in the clearance bins at both Autozone and Advanced for ~$7.00. I bought a bottle to try it out. Why is everyone sticking it on th eclearance table? Has this product been discontinued?

imported_truzoom
01-23-2006, 08:05 AM
I sure hope not. It is really some slick stuff.

gmblack3
01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Wonder if they will clear out some of the tire shine. I`ll have to stop by today.

06E90
01-23-2006, 09:09 AM
It seems like some of the higher quality products do not sell well at these stores because of their higher price. I bought some of the Meguiars accesories at Advance Auto at 50% off because they are not going to carry them anymore, I also bought another bottle of the Synwax.

96snake
01-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I was wondering as well. Synwax was marked down at Farm and Fleet and Advance Auto Parts.

Lorne

BigAl3
01-23-2006, 10:25 AM
they usually markdown items (not selling too well) and clearance them out, so they can also make room for newer items on the shelf. that`s the time to take advantage of the price/products while they last!

BigAl3
01-23-2006, 11:07 AM
what a shame... the mothers synwax was probably one of the best products they stocked. stock up while you can! ;)

imported_COBRyan
01-23-2006, 01:05 PM
My Autozone still has it for $14.99. Maybe I`ll check a couple other locations. Autozone is always moving out products though, so I wouldn`t be too alarmed.

Spilchy
01-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Relax guys. We don`t know if it has been discontinued or not! I saw it for $7 today too and Reflections top coat for $10. I also got 28oz Reflections Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for $5. I also got FX Tire shine for $4 a bottle. All cheaper than normally what I have seen.

For that matter they had the whole Long Haul line for $2 and $3 a bottle. The sturdy bottles are worth that much alone :rofl

Pats300zx
01-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Relax guys. We don`t know if it has been discontinued or not! I saw it for $7 today too and Reflections top coat for $10. I also got 28oz Reflections Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for $5. I also got FX Tire shine for $4 a bottle. All cheaper than normally what I have seen.

For that matter they had the whole Long Haul line for $2 and $3 a bottle. The sturdy bottles are worth that much alone :rofl

Spilchy...was this at Autozone??? I have been meaning to try the Fx Tire Shine. Now might be a great time to pick some up. I know Autozone was on the verge of getting rid of their Long Haul. I picked up the starter kit (4 4oz bottles) for $2.00.

wannafbody
01-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I think its simply a matter of only having enough shelf space for so many products. Fx gets moved out and TW, Black Magic, and Nanospray gets moved in. The Gold class stuff was replaced with Viking stuff.

Spilchy
01-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Spilchy...was this at Autozone??? I have been meaning to try the Fx Tire Shine. Now might be a great time to pick some up. I know Autozone was on the verge of getting rid of their Long Haul. I picked up the starter kit (4 4oz bottles) for $2.00.

No, this was at Strauss Automotive. I`m not certain of you have them by you in PA (there are a bunch in Philly), but they`re in NJ. They have crazy cheap pricing on some items that don`t jive with the rest of the competition. The Long Haul products were the full size bottles. I`ve even got 303 products for $3 a bottle, then they disapeared.

Setec Astronomy
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Did you clean them out, Spilch? I know you don`t like to leave anything for me...:p

Pats300zx
01-24-2006, 09:39 AM
No, this was at Strauss Automotive. I`m not certain of you have them by you in PA (there are a bunch in Philly), but they`re in NJ. They have crazy cheap pricing on some items that don`t jive with the rest of the competition. The Long Haul products were the full size bottles. I`ve even got 303 products for $3 a bottle, then they disapeared.

I have a Strauss Auto not far from my work. Guess I`ll swing by at lunch. Thanks for the info :)

Spilchy
01-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Also, if you (or anyone else) want to stock up on any Mother`s Reflections or FX line, Autobarn has everything on sale and free shipping for orders over $50.00. Seems like a good deal.

http://www.autobarn.net/sadf.html

Although at Strauss Automotive (for us local guys who have one), a few items are still cheaper like Top Coat for $10, Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for $5 and FX Tire Shine for $4.