PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guy`s compounds

danwatt
01-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Did a few searches, can`t find any exact answers. I`ve been thinking about buying a gallon each of the CG compounds and maybe the lazer buff. How do they stand up to other products, such as the SSR line? I`m looking for something good for rotary work, as the PC just takes too long for bad swirls and scratches. I`ve already got most of the Meg`s compounds, and some 3M stuff, and they leave a bit to be desired.

Basically, I need something cost effective, aggressive enough for tough jobs, and in bulk. The CG stuff seems perfect for me, just want hear from some others about their products.

ptim
01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes, I would like to know about there compund products also, especially the lazer buff.

cgc2
01-24-2006, 09:50 AM
It has been my experience that the CG line of SSR performed as well as other popular competitors.

Lazer buff I hated when all I had was a pc, but now that I have a rotary it works fast with moderate work time and I have a new found appreciation. I prefer Lazer buff over there AIO version, because of dusting issues on the later, although it contains no waxes or silicone which may be important for a segment of there customer base.

Both the SSR line and Lazerbuff have a place in my arsenal.

DanoWatt...you will not go wrong by deciding to use the CG line for your business.

The stuff works, awesome prices and great customer service.

Ask for Paul and tell him that I sent you.

He will guide you through the product line and hook you up with your needs.

buttashine
01-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Did a few searches, can`t find any exact answers. I`ve been thinking about buying a gallon each of the CG compounds and maybe the lazer buff. How do they stand up to other products, such as the SSR line?

Um dude, all I can say is that the PB compounds have no advantage over the CG`s compounds, you wont be dissapointed. As for their other stuff it`s great but lacking in durabilty.

Spilchy
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I wish they had 16oz sizes. I don`t need gallons of stuff. I want to try all their glazes, but obviosuly I`m not going to buy the gallons. I e-mailed them and asked if they ever would sell 16oz bottles, but I never heard back.

SpoiledMan
01-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I have used the "Body Shop Safe" compounds and like them with the exception of the lightest one which can be slightly difficult to remove. The results aren`t disputable however.

buttashine
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I wish they had 16oz sizes. I don`t need gallons of stuff. I want to try all their glazes, but obviosuly I`m not going to buy the gallons. I e-mailed them and asked if they ever would sell 16oz bottles, but I never heard back.

If you buy two of poorboys compounds you have just spent what it would have been for a gallon of CG`s, can`t you find someone else who needs a small bottle? Sell three small bottles and get the rest for free, like I did. Just a suggestion :buffing:

cgc2
01-24-2006, 07:28 PM
splichy...they WILL sale 16 oz product size.

Sherman8r44
01-24-2006, 08:32 PM
splichy...they WILL sale 16 oz product size.

Danase will also be selling 16oz. bottles.

cgc2
01-24-2006, 08:52 PM
where is Danase/website ?

Sherman8r44
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
danase.com...but they`re not selling the CG stuff quite yet, probably within the next week or two.

cgc2
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
hmmm.....interesting.

Well, you can get 16 oz bottle now direct from CG, just call and ask for paul

pontman43
01-24-2006, 11:16 PM
I`m still trying to get the CGs resaling together too, but now I gotta save for a rear end. :( So it probably wont happen for a little longer.... maybe....