PDA

View Full Version : ValuGard Finishing Wax

Scottwax
01-22-2006, 09:06 PM
I got a sample of ValuGard Finishing Wax from Ron at Autoint to try, along with Cerious Compound and Fast Finish (a spray wax product).

I did a search and the only mention of any of the products I could find was that Jimmy Buffit had used the Finishing Wax and likened its appearance to Meguiars #20.

A google search didn`t do much either other than I found mention of an AIO like product that Autoint makes that they used before applying the Finishing Wax. I already have AIO and Prime so I am guessing either would make a good base.

Anyone else use any of the three? And if so, comments?

Dave N
01-22-2006, 11:39 PM
I`m guessing that "OEM One Step" is the AIO-like product you`re mentioning. It was the first real detailing product that I ever used because some guy on a Toyota Tacoma message board recommended it. I used it 2 or 3 times on my new 01 Tacoma and then started reading Autopia and moved on to AIO/SG. The main thing I remember about it was that it stained my black plastic trim like a mofo. Otherwise I remember the protection being mediocre, but I never topped it with anything. That was way back in 01 when I was just learning about detailing, so maybe I could get better use out of it now. I`ve still got a quart of that stuff sitting around somewhere, along with some Autoint SMR and the ABC system...

Here`s to Ron K :bounce

jimmybuffit
01-23-2006, 12:30 AM
I`m really quite happy with the Cerious polish (I think you`ll find it surprisingly similar to Optimum). Here`s the `trick`: leave a fair amount of the Cerious residue, then lightly spray Finishing Wax, and buff it til it shines! Really a very nice finish. Maybe not as durable as some `boutique products`, but it is quick and easy! Great for dealer cars, and many other applications. I`ve had it on the hood of my van (outside 24/7) for 6 weeks now, and it still beads...

Jim

Scottwax
01-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Jim-what kind of durability do you get with the Finishing Wax? The thick liquid, not the spray (which I believe is Fast Finish).

jimmybuffit
01-24-2006, 05:12 AM
I`m thinkin 8-10 weeks. I`m doing an informal comparison now of Klasse SG, Meg #20, Meg #21, and VG Finishing wax. They are all on the hood of my Van (outside 24/7) since 12/08/05. All quite nice after 7 weeks.

No conclusion, yet.

Jim

Bill D
01-24-2006, 07:01 AM
The spray Fast Finish is not that bad at all. I can see it as a legitimite competitor to OCW. Pretty much easy on, easy off and very nice shine. I understand it`s a very versatile cproduct and can be used on most surfaces on many vehciles as well as around the home.

jimmybuffit
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE]I`m really quite happy with the Cerious polish (I think you`ll find it surprisingly similar to Optimum). Here`s the `trick`: leave a fair amount of the Cerious residue, then lightly spray Finishing Wax, and buff it til it shines! Really a very nice finish. Maybe not as durable as some `boutique products`, but it is quick and easy! Great for dealer cars, and many other applications. I`ve had it on the hood of my van (outside 24/7) for 6 weeks now, and it still beads...

Jim

I made, what I hope, is an obvious mistake... replace the words "Finishing Wax" with:

FAST FINISH (That`s the spray on product...:) )

Scottwax
01-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I made, what I hope, is an obvious mistake... replace the words "Finishing Wax" with:

FAST FINISH (That`s the spray on product...:) )

Yeah, I figured you had a brain fart or something when you wrote that!

You can do the same with Optimum Polish and OCW.

I think Fast Finish will be a nice upsell for my regular wash customers. I don`t believe it is meant to be used as a stand alone LSP like OCW is, but seems to be a quick way to add some shine and slickness.