PDA

View Full Version : Tiburon paint issue??

mazdawg76
01-22-2006, 05:52 PM
First post for long time observer/student now member... Thanks to all the Autopians out there! You guys help more then you know!!

Well, i just got back from a clients house and she asked about this problem with her moms car. I detailed it about 1 mnth ago and she thought the Wax may have damaged it??? I am very sure this was not brought on by my process...

2004 Tiburon

NXT wash

CB (mild)

Megs #6 (orbital/MF)

NXT

i told her i would research it and get back to her....

Can anyone help me out with figuring out what went wrong.....

It is so localized i think it`s a factory defect... have you seen this before?

[/IMG]

imported_truzoom
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
What exactly is the problem?

01-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Did the NXT cause a tacky fuel door to appear? I`m lost...

mazdawg76
01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
The top part of the cap appears to have complete loss of Clear and Oxidation to paint?

White95Max
01-22-2006, 07:31 PM
She thinks the wax damaged the paint...did she only wax the filler door or something? It looks like the ring is a different color than the rest of the car and the filler door...but I`m partially colorblind so what do I know!?!? lol

I have seen cars with filler doors of a different color. Are you sure it hasn`t always been like that?

The other possibility could be that the filler door/ring has SS paint while the rest is cleared. On some Hyundais, I believe the door jambs are SS.

White95Max
01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Well, I searched through my folders and found this picture of my neighbor`s Tib. I think it`s the same color, so from that photo of yours I`d say it looks like the filler door is oxidized, but the surrounding paint looks to be as well.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Tiburon9.JPG

BobD
01-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I can`t see anything.

mazdawg76
01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
She thinks the wax damaged the paint...did she only wax the filler door or something? It looks like the ring is a different color than the rest of the car and the filler door...but I`m partially colorblind so what do I know!?!? lol

I have seen cars with filler doors of a different color. Are you sure it hasn`t always been like that?

The other possibility could be that the filler door/ring has SS paint while the rest is cleared. On some Hyundais, I believe the door jambs are SS.

Appreciate the info White95Max...Sorry `bout the Vague post.....I pulled the pics from the job 11-20-05 and found this one.... [IMG]

One of the "BEFORE" Pics... The problem is definetly just on the top part of the filler ring/door and Definetly pre-existing problem. Not only do i want to reasure her/myself that it was not my fault...i want to try and get her as much info. that i can before she heads to the dealer.

White95Max
01-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Did you try to just apply a paint cleaner like AIO to it? It`s worth a shot for sure.

SpoiledMan
01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Ever spill gas on that?