PDA

View Full Version : Best Navigation ?

SouthFlaGT
01-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyone know what is the best portable navigation system ? I`m looking for the most reliable system. I have tried a google and they all say " This is the best" Anyone know out of experience ?

Dan

zippymbr
01-23-2006, 11:32 AM
My dad has a TomTom and loves it. He just bought a new subaru Tribecca with Navi and is missing his TomTom. In comparison the tomtom`s only drawback is its small screen.

splattj
01-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I picked this up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16858108405

I must say I`m pretty pleased. The screen is a little small but I`ve been happy with the routing even in DC. Check out the whole catagory and check all the user reviews.

MH996TT
02-05-2006, 08:19 PM
My first nav was a Garmin IQUE 3600. The map software was excellent and having it integrated with the Palm software address book was a really helpful feature. I hear the new one is way better because they switched over to Windows CS and greatly improved the battery life.

I bought the Garmin GPSmap 60CS for back country motorcycle rides and camping. Really really durable and good battery life. Can be in 30 in. of water.

I recently installed a Kenwood DDX 8017 in the car. I feel like the maps have a little less available data than the Garmin maps but over all it is packed with features and you can`t beat having a large touch screen mounted in the dash while driving.

Let me know if you`d like more detail on any of these...

Matt

brownkc
02-21-2006, 02:41 PM
I found this site for comparing the readability of the various models displays: pictures of various units in different light conditions http://gpsinformation.us/joe/gpscompare/gpscarnavscreencompare.html

It`s not the most professional but I think that is why I like it. The link at the bottom of the page takes you to a home page with a link to their picks in how to pick a car gps article.

Hope this helps.

klnyc
02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
TelNav :clap:

imported_lix
02-21-2006, 11:45 PM
This side of the pond, TomTom rules. I have Navigator installed on my smartphone and it`s excellent. Really easy to use, navigate to streets, crossings, city centres or post codes. A friend of mine has the TomTom One and is also really impressed.

Autoeng
02-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Garmin Nuvi is, without a doubt, the best.

Shelbrain
02-28-2006, 07:10 PM
I used a laptop based navigation system called IGuidance. It is made by INAV. I built my PC using information I found on www.mp3car.com

mrzeee
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
garmin street pilot c330...got it for my gf...she`d horrible with directions...and she luvs it

imported_UnsanePyro
03-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I use the latest iGuidance, but I`m sure you don`t want to do an entire carptuer setup. Shelbrain, you have the same name over there no?

I`ve only ever used a Garmin (don`t know the model) before and really liked it.

Shelbrain
03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Yup same name...finishing up my install. I am ashamed at what the exterior/interior of my car looks like. The outside hasn`t been washing in a month and the interior has been ripped out to put the PC in. I have been stocking up on products to detail though. I used to have the Garmin 2610, but the touchscreen broke on it. I was kicking myself in the butt for spending $$$ on it and then I went ahead and did the carputer anyway.