PDA

View Full Version : American Racing Chrome Wheel with fine Scratches

ddoti1
01-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I ve got some very fine scratches in my wheels and would love to get them removed.... took them off for winter and have used a powerball with polish, nev-r-dull, and American Racing cleaner... So wheels are clean but I can see very light fine scratches in the chrome ! Can or will jewelers rouge take it out, if so what color ? Or is there something else that will work !

Thanks

Accumulator
01-22-2006, 05:29 PM
ddoti1- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to say that I`ve never found any way to remove marring from chrome. In my experience once the chromium layer gets scratched it`s scratched. The chrome trim on my `85 Jag was scratched like your wheels while it was still new in the showroom...I`ve tried all sorts of stuff over the years (starting the day I took it home) but I`ve never had any luck.

Intercooled
01-22-2006, 06:46 PM
ddoti1- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to say that I`ve never found any way to remove marring from chrome. In my experience once the chromium layer gets scratched it`s scratched. The chrome trim on my `85 Jag was scratched like your wheels while it was still new in the showroom...I`ve tried all sorts of stuff over the years (starting the day I took it home) but I`ve never had any luck.

I must agree with this statement. I`ve polished my little *** off to remove any of those fine scratches and they just dont come out. Even if you could get them out, I think they woudl come back real quick once you wash that area again. Just the nature of the beast!