PDA

View Full Version : How about this Poorboy`s combination?

wander1053
01-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Hello Again,

I thank you all for your reponses to the "wax/sealant that sheets water" post in the detailing porduct discussion section that I put up earlier. I think I am going to detail my car next weekend and was thinking about trying my Poorboy`s EX-P that I bought a few months ago and have not used yet. I am not sure if this will sheet water better than the Z-2Pro/Z-5 that I have now, but I think I will try it just for kicks.

Here what I was thinking:

Use a yellow LC compunding pad with SSR 2.5

then

Use a white LC polishing pad with SSR 1

then

Use a red LC finishing pad for the EX-P

finally

Use a hand applicator to apply some Natty`s Wax (by the way what is the difference

b/w regular Natty`s and Blue Natty`s? Which is better on Black?)

For regular washes I will either use Poorboy`s Waterless Wash or Meguiar`s NXT

and

For extra protection/shine after washing I will use Poorboy`s QW+

I am not really interested in durabilltiy. This car is usually in a garage when I am not using it. Something that will last say 3 months is fine, since I can`t seem to go very long w/o waxing it anyway. As far as depth and shine on balck, what could I expect? Also, what kind of water sheeting (if any) is there. Will rain spots dry and be instantly noticeable after a hard rain.

Thanks,

Gabe

bumpus
01-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey Gabe,

Natty`s Blue is better on black. You are claying prior to any polishing, right?

Mad iX
01-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Looks good.

I`d try SSR2.5 with a polishing pad first. If that isn`t strong enough then go with the more aggressive pad. I`ll give another vote for Natty`s Blue as well.