PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Wheel Cleaner

hambone575
01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I had a chance to seal my wheels like everyone suggests. I used FX synwax to seal the. But before nothing..

THIS IS ONLY AFTER A FEW WEEKS OF LIGHT DRIVING

hambone575
01-22-2006, 12:29 PM
lastone sorry I cant figure out how to put them in the thread

exile
01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I`m not sure what your point is, but if you expected to have clean wheels after driving a few weeks, then as you can see, they still get dirty. Hopefully, they are easier to clean after sealing, although the Insulator Wax would give you much better durability. Your wheels look good though when clean. Sorry, we still have to clean them occasionally.........Tom

Accumulator
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
If you clean them at every wash they oughta get clean with just carwash shampoo. I use different products on mine (never tried the FX) but your experience oughta be similar. Even when I let `em get *very* dirty they clean right up with very little effort.

Reach behind the spokes with a mitt/sponge/brush and clean all the surfaces every time you wash the vehicle. Those wheels look like they`ll be easy to do, lots of room to reach in there.

qwik5o
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
The reason is you didn`t really "seal" your wheels. The Synwax probably won`t do much for your wheels, you need a wheel sealant or wheel wax. I bet you`ll see better results.

White95Max
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
I`m confused. Are you saying that the wheels still got dirty after sealing them, or are you asking how to get the remaining brake dust off before sealing?

Once they are sealed (provided they are perfectly clean first), they should wash off easily with just car shampoo. I bought new wheels in late August, and did AIO/WGx2 on them immediately. Then I installed them, and only cleaned the outsides of the wheels until I removed them in November. Still though, the 3 months worth of brake dust wiped right off with no effort. All I used was Meg`s Deep Crystal soap (about 3x the normal concentration) and a crappy wash mitt.

After one of them had already been cleaned (the rears were already pretty clean so they were not included in the pictures)...

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/WheelSwap14.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/WheelSwap15.JPG

Each wheel took me no more than a couple minutes to clean completely and rinse.

And BTW, the spokes never touched the ground. The Kumho SPTs have a built-in rim protector, so the spokes were always raised slightly off the ground. :)

kb798
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
I use AIO/SG on my rims from the day they were put on the car, and I`ve never had any problems with cleaning them.

hambone575
01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
:nervous: Sorry, I only took pictures becuase I was bored. And I did a before and after. Sorry for the confusion... Anyways I am going to get some collinite and redo it sometime in the near future.

imported_Neothin
01-22-2006, 08:37 PM
My wheels receive a Bi-Monthly treatment of PB wheel sealant. My regular foam gun solution works great. They come out perfectly clean each wash.