PDA

View Full Version : Got Some New Goodies In Today!

Josh1
01-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Here is a list of what I got in today from SMP:

1. Mircofiber Kit with Mircofiber Hand Mitt

2. Lakewood Polishing Pads (Blue, Orange, And White)

3. Optimum Polish

4. Clearkotes Vanilla Moose and Clearkotes CMW

5. Clearkotes Car Wash and Claybar

My question is I have some swirl marks in my paint from the previous owner, I am trying to get them out and bring back the shiney black paint. It is only a 2002 and looks like it is mainly probably caused from using a dirty wash mit/sponge. What steps do I need to take to get them out? What pads for what product should I use? I am used to using Zaino products and just hiding the swirls, but decided to step up in detailing and try out a porter cable 7224. Hopefully I can take them out with ease. I was going to get the SSR`s that Poorboys makes, but the owner of SMP told me Optimum would be all I needed. I also was going to buy EX-P to use in between using VM and CMW, but he said the CMW will protect it enough as long as I put some on every 2 months. Any ideas would help me out alot since I am not use to details with these products. THanks

Josh1
01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Any suggestions? Do I really need a sealent? What more protection will it give? Also, do I need to get a low grade SSR to brake down the Optimum? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! :confused:

Josh1
01-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Bump For Help

a.k.a. Patrick
01-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I actually think you`d be better off using the Optimum in conjunction with the SSR`s. If there light, and NOTHING more then that, then the Optimum may suffice. However, I usually have the best luck with 2.5, followed by Opt for clearing an surface brightening. Im not sure about the LC pads, as Im not familiar with them .......

After polishing, you have the option of adding the VM, its best on darker vehicles, like black, dark blue and reds, thats where the VM benefits. Then apply your CMW about 4-6 week periods. matter of fact, use the VM before each application for additional depth.

Josh1
01-22-2006, 02:04 PM
From what I was told is that Optimum is a stronger swirl remover then SSR2.5 because it gets out everything including mirco-swirls. I was told to use 2.5 after to get rid of the access Optimum. Also, was told that VM and CMW will last at least 3months without worrying about it going away.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Hehhe, Im usually quite the opposite. I use the 2.5 first, then the Optimum to clear out the SSR 2.5. Theres no way, at least in my book, that Optimum Polish is more abrasive then the 2.5. I found it somewhere between 2.0 and 2.5. The beauty of Optimum is it really has a knack for clearing out harsher abasive marring, to a real reflective, perfect pre LSP finish......There both great polishes on their own, and wicked together.....

VM and CMW for 3 months would be under ideal conditions.....My recommendation would be, as with any other Nuba (Except Collinite) wax/reapply ever 4-6 weeks (Or every 3rd wash) for best results......

Accumulator
01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Saw your other post about "need a sealant?" so...nah, you don`t need a sealant to have good protection on an outside 24/7 car. I don`t know how well the MW holds up as I`ve never tried it, but the only carnaubas that have ever lasted that long for me are Meg`s #16 and Collinite.

What Patrick said about the polishing, and use the mildest pads that`ll get the job done. Use speed 6, don`t use too much product, and spend plenty of time on it (most people expect the PC to work a lot faster than it does).