PDA

View Full Version : Help, Very Confused

LucasZCPM3
01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
A couple of weeks back I did a full detail by hand doing this:

Wash, Clay, Wash, Poorboy`s SSR 2.5, Poorboy`s SSR 1, Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze, Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket, P21S Carnauba Wax.

But it didn’t remove all and I may of added Swirls to the paint, so from some light research I decided to get a Random Orbital Buffer to reduce time and improve results, living in Australia I decided to go with the Dewalt DW443, now what pads should I get and how many, do I need cutting pads? Am I going to damage the paint by using SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 again after using them a couple of weeks ago. This is making me good crazy :hairpull I just want to get it perfect and Price really in not as important as the quality of the work. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Lucas

scottabir
01-21-2006, 03:55 AM
First :welcome second: You might need a cutting pad :nixweiss cant really tell ya without seeing how bad the swirls are. *I* would buy atleast 2 of each type.

No you should be fine using that combo again without hurting your paint.

aaron33
01-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi big spender! I`m in Australia as well, and I went for the Bosch instead of the dewalt because it was cheaper and adequate for my needs. Remember to get the correct pads. I recommend the propel2 pads from Exceldetail as they are very well priced and work well too. You won`t damage your paint with the 443, unless your clearcoat has already failed in the first place (looks like white spotting or flakes).

Since you have already clayed the week before, go straight to SSR2.5 with the yellow propel pad. Then follow up with SSR1 and a blue pad . After that seal with your favourite wax.

3Dog
01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
And also remember the speeds are different. When suggestions are made about a speed to use it is normally dealing with PC which is 2500 to 6000. The 443`s range is 4300 to 6800 opm.

White95Max
01-21-2006, 01:52 PM
You say that you may have added swirls to the paint. If this did happen, it was probably due to applying 2.5 by hand, and not working it long enough to break the abrasives down. I`d also recommend the Propel pads, and I`d get at least one of each. Since you`re in Australia and shipping will be expensive, I`d buy 2 of each right away. That way you don`t have to pay shipping for 2 orders, should you decide to buy more pads.

:welcome to Autopia! :wavey

LucasZCPM3
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey guys thanks for all your help and Greetings, So you guys recommend Propel pads over the others like Lake Country and Sonus? Also do I need Propel Orange? And doe`s any one see the Dewalt being too fast? Once again thanks Lucas

White95Max
01-21-2006, 09:04 PM
So you guys recommend Propel pads over the others like Lake Country and Sonus?

I like the Propel pads because they`re the cheapest AND they work great. I`ve never had a problem with any of mine, but I`ve heard of several pads from other manufacturers falling apart.

LucasZCPM3
01-22-2006, 05:34 AM
Do I need All 5 types or what do I need Yellow, Blue, Gray? Or it just best to get all five?

aaron33
01-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Do I need All 5 types or what do I need Yellow, Blue, Gray? Or it just best to get all five?

Grey = sealants

Blue = glazes, mild polish like SSR1

Green = SSR2, SSR2.5

Yellow = SSR2.5

White95Max
01-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Just order what you`ll need. If you don`t have any serious swirls, you won`t need the orange or yellow. If you don`t plan on using the machine to apply LSPs, then you won`t need a gray pad either.