PDA

View Full Version : Tried E.O. Nano spray wax today

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Larry A
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Went to the new Advance parts store today. They were resetting the wax section , and I notice that they had the new Nano spray and Turtle Ice. I deceided to buy the nano spray. Since my car was clean I used the nano right there in the parking lot. I took me about 10 minutes to do the car . Nano spray does a very good job, the gloss and slickness was top notch, there was no streaking at all , good when you consider that it was only 36 degrees out. I have used Mothers FX spray and OCW and to me they are almost the same. All 3 give a super high gloss and are very slick.I called up Eagle One and talked to a guy and he said that you should apply it once a month, thats what I feel FX and OCW are good for. So to my old eyes they do the same things. If you like carnuba use Nano Spray or OCW, if you like polymer sealants use FX. The out come is about the same ,you would be happy with either one.

wannafbody
01-20-2006, 02:58 PM
good review and OTC vs boutique comparison. The nanospray is one new product that looks as if it`s worth a try for some extra pop. Would you describe it as clear and shiny or warm and shiny. Does it seem to have a wet look as well?

imported_Larry A
01-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I would say its warm and shiny, and yes it has that wet look. It says on the bottle that it hides fine scratches , but because of the overcast I couldnt tell.

Spilchy
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the review. I`ve stated in other posts that I no longer QD cars after washing. Instead I use a wide variety of OTC spray waxes like the ones you mentioned as well as EO Wax As U Dry (a favorite of mine).

Looking forward to trying it out. I checked my local Pep Boys and WalMart when I was in the area, but they didn`t have it (yet).

Monthly applications sounds great especailly for us guys in the cold weather. To spruce up a car in 10 minutes with a spray wax for like $5 is not too shaby.

Sherman8r44
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Nice review! I love Mother`s FX, so I gotta try this for nuba finishes. :drool:

BigAl3
01-20-2006, 07:46 PM
thanks for the review. will have to pick it up next time around... :D

p.s. here`s some more info, straight from the website ---> http://eagleone.com/pages/nanotechnology/comingsoon.asp

BigAl3
01-20-2006, 08:54 PM
thanks for the review. will have to pick it up next time around... :D

p.s. here`s some more info, straight from the website. http://eagleone.com/pages/nanotechnology/comingsoon.asp

Scottwax
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
I`d try it but I have a nearly full gallon of OCW. ;)

Nice review but the pics aren`t loading. ;)

imported_Larry A
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I had a drivering job for a wedding on Saturday. I used the Nano Spray on a dark blue Rolls Royce. All I can say is " outstanding". At the other part time job I have, the detailer had to wash the bosses black Mersedes. I gave the detailer some Nano spray to try it on the bosses car , and wow did it make the Black paint DEEP. It seem to hide all the minor marring that you get with black cars. It was just waxed with Mothers carnuba 6 weeks ago, but it still showed a lot of improvement. So far Nano spray is showing itself to be a very good product.

Spilchy
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Does it contain petroleum distillates? I noticed Eagle One Wax As U Dry DOES list them and Mothers FX Spray Wax does NOT list them.

In my research on petroleum distillates, I have concluded they are not "bad" but would seem to have cleaning action. I contacted Eagle One and they said the WAUD will NOT strip existing wax.

AL-53
02-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Yesterday I went to Autozone to get some German made Castrol Oil....I bought the 30 quarts they had..lol....I went over to the car care product isle and seen the spray Nano Wax and the TW ICE ..I grabbed both to try out....

On the way home I stopped at the wand wash center...washed the truck to get the salt and grit off....I went home and finished with some PB`s S&W..cleaned up nice...I then used a MF applicator to apply the Nano wax..went on nice ..mind you it was 38 outside...did the whole truck...then wiped off..came off nice and easy...no streaks ..just so easy to remove..

truck looked great nice deep wet shine..and very slick...Truck is fire engine red by the way..

Today I went shopping and while I went out to the truck in the morning..it looked better than yesterday...very deep looking....

on the way home it started to rain and snow...it was funny..my truck looked like it was dry all the way home..the water was just blowing off...

So for 5.00 a bottle this is a great product...even if you use it weekly or monthly as a QD it is very nice....as good as some of the high end stuff...

It is nice to see OTC products start to rival the big guns...and if you need it that day it is available....

The Ice is next..but waiting for better weather to prep the truck...maybe the refrige or shower enclosure will get it first...lol

Al

imported_NT2SHBBY
02-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the review. I`ve stated in other posts that I no longer QD cars after washing. Instead I use a wide variety of OTC spray waxes like the ones you mentioned as well as EO Wax As U Dry (a favorite of mine).

Looking forward to trying it out. I checked my local Pep Boys and WalMart when I was in the area, but they didn`t have it (yet).

Monthly applications sounds great especailly for us guys in the cold weather. To spruce up a car in 10 minutes with a spray wax for like $5 is not too shaby.

hey....I cost more than $5 :werd:

and btw Seth, PB and WM don`t sell it.....look for it at autozone (they got those in NJ right?)

Spilchy
02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
and btw Seth, PB and WM don`t sell it.....look for it at autozone (they got those in NJ right?)

:lol I resemble that remark!

I haven`t seen it yet in Jerzey - I checked Strauss, PooP Boys, WalMart and KMart while on my travels. No one had it yet.

There are AutoZones, but the`ye kind of far or in a particular neighborhood where I don`t belong :nervous:

I`ll wait for it to be more readily available. In the meanwhile I am having a great time with Mothers FX Spray Wax after each wash. I like it a tad more than the Wax As U Dry, a long time favorite of mine. I think it is the smell!

But the Nano Spray sounds like another nice spray wax.

Big Leegr
02-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Wal-Mart in Canada has both the TW ICE as well as the E1 Nano spray wax and protectant. I think it`s around $20 for the TW "polish" and $12.00 for the QD/wax, and the Nano stuff is about $10.00 each.

chml17l
02-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Does it contain petroleum distillates? I noticed Eagle One Wax As U Dry DOES list them and Mothers FX Spray Wax does NOT list them.

In my research on petroleum distillates, I have concluded they are not "bad" but would seem to have cleaning action. I contacted Eagle One and they said the WAUD will NOT strip existing wax.

The petroleum distillates are there as a solvent carrier for the carnauba and any thing else they`re trying to leave behind on you paint. You have to have some kind of carrier even if it`s just water, but not everything will be completely soluble in water. Their primary role is to transport the active ingrediets and then evaporate. You`re correct that if they`re present in a high concentration there will be a cleaning effect.

I`m not sure whether the Mother FX spray is purely a polymer or if it contains any carnauba, but that`s probably why it doesn`t mention pd`s. It could still contain some other type of solvent carrier system.