PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Product Packaging - It`s getting good!

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed some of the cool new packaging and product design in detailing?

Today I got some new mf from PakShak and the 1Z glass cleaner was enclosed in tall ziploc bags. The sprayer/bottle connection was taped down very securely as well. The towels were wrapped in neat plastic bags that had been taped shut and each bag had cleaning instructions...

I received an order from AutoGeek and they always wrap products in their own paper bags. Foam peanuts and packaging within packaging seem standard now. Packing lists are easy to read and check.

This is one of the easiest industries to mail order products from.

Product design is getting better too with easier to read labels and higher quality graphics.

Nick`s new Prima line at Detailers Paradise has probably the best sprayer I have used on his Clarity window cleaner. The whole 1Z bottle/sprayer system seems very well thought out.

Autopia`s own Sonus line really introduced me to the big plastic "matchboxes" that hold the Block clay - very convenient. Claymagic does this but only on bulk bars.

The P21S polishing soap container is very functional and convenient storing the polishing pad above the soap.

Microfiber design is getting better also: more colors, silk edging, more specialty types, better softness and density, tags are rare, better materials, more plushness, etc.

Seems like we have the best of both worlds with this hobby: form and function. :xyxthumbs

What are your favorite product or packaging designs in detailing?

BobD
01-20-2006, 01:15 PM
What are your favorite product or packaging designs in detailing?

As much as I hate to say this, my favorite packaging that I have come across so far has been Shining Monkey. They just used plain black bottles but there labels were bright and each product had a different car on it and different colors.

SilverLexus
01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Interesting...I have not tried any of their products yet...

TGates
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
My favorite thus far has been the small order of Jeff`s products I just got in. If I remember correctly, each bottle was somehow adhered (I think taped) to the bottom of the box, and my applicator pads and microfiber towels were each enclosed in their own zip-loc bags. On the very top of the box was a manilla type envelope with a big THANK YOU on it, everything having the Jeff`s Werkstatt logo on it, and inside the envelope was a packaging list and a personalized letter signed by Jeff. Very cool. His bottles are the perfect size and fit nicely in your hand, and they are very modern looking, but not overdone, with precise instructions and descriptions on each bottle.

I also like Autogeek`s packaging, Autopia Car Care, and CMA. Zaino is nice, too, as they have used dividers in their shipping boxes the last few times I`ve ordered from them to keep everything in place. I agree that Pakshak packages their MF`s very neatly as well.

I love opening up new boxes of supplies.

SilverLexus
01-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I love opening up new boxes of supplies.

Me too! I got in some new colors (forest green, lavender) of the PakShak Ultra Plush towels and I really like having some different colors to distinguish them from my growing collection.

BigAl3
01-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I received an order from AutoGeek and they always wrap products in their own paper bags. Foam peanuts and packaging within packaging seem standard now. Packing lists are easy to read and check.

i just recieved my cobra 6 pack of microfiber`s from wolfgang, which were wrapped in brown paper bags with foam peanuts as well...

imported_Neothin
01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
wolfgang=autogeek ;)

BigAl3
01-20-2006, 10:03 PM
wolfgang=autogeek ;)

+ pinnacle too? :o

Scottwax
01-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Werkstatt packaging, hands down. Clearkote stuff (when you get it directly from Clearkote) is almost overpacked but with the peanuts and bubble wrap, nothing is getting damaged without serious mishandling. Excel packaging is nice because Patrick includes candy. :)

SilverLexus
01-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Excel packaging is nice because Patrick includes candy.

Gotta love those peppermints! :)

Scottwax
01-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Gotta love those peppermints! :)

Candy canes in December! :clap:

aaron33
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I ordered from Patrick and I`m in Australia. I still got my candy!!!! Yummmm

Corey Bit Spank
01-21-2006, 09:54 AM
I don`t very much appreciate when companies package things in boxes that are excessively large just so they can put packaging peanuts in. I could understand if it was a fine piece of crystal but I`ve received some very wasteful packages.

Scottwax
01-21-2006, 10:24 AM
I don`t very much appreciate when companies package things in boxes that are excessively large just so they can put packaging peanuts in. I could understand if it was a fine piece of crystal but I`ve received some very wasteful packages.

Actually, I kind of like it. I always have several sized boxes and packing material on hand at home to send out packages of my own. ;)

Corey Bit Spank
01-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I have been giving them to my friend so she can send things home to her family in Trinidad. :) I hate to just throw it out.