PDA

View Full Version : If car is out of garage 99% of the time

goixiz
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Which car cover would you guys recommend for an older 93 (close to mint) 300zx. Recently I got a SAAB and one car has to go outside.

I am looking for a car cover that is reasonably priced <$50 for my 300z that i can easily remove and place in trunk. The one I have is made by covercraft and its over 10 years old and its not waterproof and leaves a layer of dust everytime i remove it.

Thanks in advance

Setec Astronomy
01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I had that same problem when I had a car outside under an old Evolution 3 cover, a layer of silt on the car. There are lots of newer fabrics, someone more knowledgeable will chime in on this, but I wouldn`t hold out much hope for getting a good cover for your "close to mint" car for anywhere near $50.

goixiz
01-20-2006, 11:59 AM
here are lots of newer fabrics, someone more knowledgeable will chime in on this, but I wouldn`t hold out much hope for getting a good cover for your "close to mint" car for anywhere near $50.

Close to mint 1993 car is a relative term and should not be compared to new cars. There is only so much one can preserve if its a daily driver.

I should have said - What car cover can i get for $50 to best protect my car and do not leave a layer of lint/fuzz upon removeing the cover.

thanks

imported_steveo3002
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
ive got a lightweight tyvec cover...its really thin but keep the car dry and clean , i purchased mine here in the uk, but i have seen them in pepboys /wallmart etc

imported_Neothin
01-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I highly doubt a 50 dollar car cover will protect much of anything. I have a weathershield HD that I use at night on my car. costed a bit over 300. no water gets thru it, even during an extended downpour.

goixiz
01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
ive got a lightweight tyvec cover...its really thin but keep the car dry and clean , i purchased mine here in the uk, but i have seen them in pepboys /wallmart etc

Does it pose a problem with durability of the seams ?

What if your car is dusty or was driven after a rain - will the cover potentially scratch the car. I ask this because Tyvex is not very soft. But it may be the alternate or reasonably priced way.

thanks

White95Max
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
$50 isn`t going to get you a great cover. I have a $35 one I bought for the Maxima when I was just getting into detailing. The fabric is coarse, and the plastic rings around the cover come in contact with the paint as well. In a windstorm, the cover flaps around, and those rings slam into the car time after time.

If you care about scratches on the car, spend the money on a high-quality cover.

Pats300zx
01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I highly doubt a 50 dollar car cover will protect much of anything. I have a weathershield HD that I use at night on my car. costed a bit over 300. no water gets thru it, even during an extended downpour.

Best car cover out there IMO. I keep my black 350Z covered with a Weathershield HD. Nothing gets throught it....rain, snow, etc. Best investment I ever made.

HighFidelity
01-20-2006, 04:39 PM
i`ve been looking at this place, they make custom highend covers for ur particular carhttp://www.calcarcover.com/