PDA

View Full Version : Best Hand Car Wash Facility in North Jersey...

Diesel917
01-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Anyone know of a good place?

I`ve been trying to use the do-it-yourself bays to hand wash my car... 2 buckets and all my own stuff... just their water... and my car looks worse than it did before it went in... streaks and film all over the car... I used NXT car wash per instructions and used Sonus WW, and Meguiar`s Water Magnet... it sure looked dry on my way home... but under street lighting, it looks horrendous... even now this morning this just look plain embarrassing, especially when you consider only 600 mi on the car! :wall

I dont think it was me... couldve been... but I think it was the water that is used there... anyways...

Im sick and tired of it already and am looking for a decent place where I can get my car hand-washed for a decent price? Anyone know people or places in or around Bergen County that has a good rep.

I was looking into Celebrity Auto Spa in Paramus, and New Look Hand Car Wash in Rochelle Park... anyone ever use either? Thanks!!!!

scottabir
01-20-2006, 06:35 AM
why not wash it at home? the new optimum wash is getting great reviews and then there is the tried and true QEW wash if you dont have access to a hose and such.

Diesel917
01-20-2006, 06:50 AM
I need to see it in action and practice with it first... the last thing I need to do is screw up my paint with something I dont know how to use...

Plus, it seems like QEW on the entire car would take forever.

scottabir
01-20-2006, 06:52 AM
takes me about 25 minutes total with QEW.....and i have VERY soft cc and the base color is black.....

Diesel917
01-20-2006, 07:19 AM
If you could PM how you do it, Id greatly appreciate it...

Im still interested in good hand car washes in NJ... anybody???????

scottabir
01-20-2006, 08:10 AM
very carefully lol....main thing is keep a hefty supply of MF towels around and change sides frequently. Sometimes if the car is totally nasty I prespray the panels with a little S&W or a qew mixed in a deck sprayer. I will try and find a link to a good thread about how to use it....I think scottwax started it...

bosc18
01-20-2006, 06:21 PM
new look is not good at all, it use to be. from what i heard dr detail is opening a 30 min express detail center, dont know where yet?

04MysticCobra
01-21-2006, 05:37 AM

I know a few hand car wash places in Leonia and Fort Lee. I have not been there in a long time so I can`t comment on good or bad. the one in Leonia is off rt.80 just before you come to the light at Grand ave. the other one in Fort Lee is just south of the GW bridge about 1 mile on Lemoine ave. there is also one in Lyndhurst that I have heard about but not exactly sure of its location. I live in NW Jersey by Mountain Creek so I really dont get a chance to use these places. If I was closer to them I would. they are pricey but a better alternative then using a drive thru wash. good luck.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

imported_smprince1
01-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Here is a good tutorial on how to QEW:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32078

Personally, I find QEW is quicker than conventional hose method. However, if the vehicle is really dirty I still use the hose and save QEW for when the dirt is not too thick.

ntoddalbert
01-22-2006, 02:16 PM
My driveway.....

Even at temps around 37-38 im out there. If your looking for autotopian results you wont find it at any commercial place, NJ or otherwise.

Get some rubber gloves, heck lately you can wax out its so warm.... spring is just few weeks away. Then we will all be complaining of the pollen.

Ahh the joys of OCD

KrispyK
01-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I know a few hand car wash places in Leonia and Fort Lee. I have not been there in a long time so I can`t comment on good or bad. the one in Leonia is off rt.80 just before you come to the light at Grand ave. the other one in Fort Lee is just south of the GW bridge about 1 mile on Lemoine ave. there is also one in Lyndhurst that I have heard about but not exactly sure of its location. I live in NW Jersey by Mountain Creek so I really dont get a chance to use these places. If I was closer to them I would. they are pricey but a better alternative then using a drive thru wash. good luck.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

In my experience, the fort lee car wash is the ticket to swirl marks/holograms in black paint. In fact, I`ve been to two others nearby, one off of, and one on River Road in Edgewater, and they all put in swirl marks. It makes sense -- these guys are toweling off dozens of cars an hour, and it`s not surprising that the towels aren`t the cleanest. In the end, you`ll have to do it yourself.

vern
02-07-2006, 01:02 PM

It might be a little out of your way but IMO its well worth it to get a hand car wash that you know is going to be good $15.00 including tip. Jacksons Hand Car Wash 22 hwy East, Union.next to the Gulf station. Hope this helps nobody like a dirty car. Good luck

cheers

vern

jetblackm3
02-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Is there any place that has an indoor washing area? It`s gonna be cold this weekend but I want to get some of the salt off the car.