PDA

View Full Version : The Reason I Hate Autopia

Pages : [1] 2 3

qwik5o
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
:nervous:

I hate Autopia because every time I get on here someone has tried something new out and is raving about it, and then I have this uncontrollable urge to buy it and try it out too.

It`s a disease, seriously..

Discuss.

PS. I <3 Autopia. :D

BigAl3
01-19-2006, 12:32 PM
this board is responsible for me spending too much ----> $$$ :faint:

Mitchubishievo
01-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah...I started out last a[ril wanting to get a nicer claybar...$2400 later, I detail on the side in the warmer months, and will soon be ordering another 400 bucks worth of stuff again. Thanks alot you ```````s.

PS....You all rock, especially Scottwax and GSRstylz...you guys make me buy good things :lol:.

GlossyTundra
01-19-2006, 01:17 PM
awww, what else do you have to spend money on that makes you that happy?

I do wish that all of this stuff was cheaper or did not run out so fast.

Accumulator
01-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Heh heh, I must`ve built up some immunity, I haven`t bought any new products for quite a while. Oops, forgot about the English Polishes :o

4830Deuce
01-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I think after awhile you can tell when a new product just dosent fit into the products that you already ahve...I mean there have been many products that sould replace the ones I already have, but I see no advantage b/c what I ahve gives me great results...There is no point in having a million different products that do the same thing as long as your getting the results you want...I havent bought any products since....awhile ago, only a huge order for MF for x-mas, but that Opt. QEW is looking amazing to me right now...Just like anything youre always going to want more... :dance

-Justin

bjackson8
01-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I came here about a year ago looking for information about zaino. A year later and I have spend probably $500 on detailing products, and I still have not tried zaino.

The positive note is that I have learned so much from this forum, and take much better care of my cars.

Tasty
01-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I think after awhile you can tell when a new product just dosent fit into the products that you already ahve...I mean there have been many products that sould replace the ones I already have, but I see no advantage b/c what I ahve gives me great results...There is no point in having a million different products that do the same thing as long as your getting the results you want...I havent bought any products since....awhile ago, only a huge order for MF for x-mas, but that Opt. QEW is looking amazing to me right now...Just like anything youre always going to want more... :dance

-Justin

I agree with this post. Although there could always be something out there that gives you the results you want...but better! Hence all of our conundrums.

wannafbody
01-19-2006, 03:35 PM
PRO detailers have the most reason to try new products and probably spend the most money-IMO some very similar products get overhyped and newbies get sucked into spending money on products they don`t need. How many swirls removers does a hobbyist need? Maybe a mild SMR and a slightly more aggressive one-80,83/SSR1, SSR2.5/ Optimum polish and compound/ Merzerna twins -but not all 8.

imported_memnuts
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I came here about a year ago looking for information about zaino. A year later and I have spend probably $500 on detailing products, and I still have not tried zaino.

HeHe

Must be saving the best for last? :nixweiss

;)

adept
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Everytime I hear the word "microfiber" on autopia, I MUST purchase one more MF towel.

Wasatch
01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, I have not bought anything for about 2 weeks, lol

jimmie jam
01-19-2006, 04:41 PM
i agree, this is VERY, VERY bad site. i can`t stop thinking about it. i can`t stop visiting it. i can`t stop lusting over the great work, advise and information that is posted EVERY day on this site. i need professional help.... that`s why i visit this great site and enjoy EVERYONE that contributes! thanks.

j. jam :)

Intercooled
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
I came here about a year ago looking for information about zaino. A year later and I have spend probably $500 on detailing products,

Same here, excpet I bought Zaino first. Then spent hundreds on all kinds of products and am now back to Zaino. :getdown

" Stick with what works for you!"

It took me a while to weed through the hype of products. :hmph:

JustinR32
01-19-2006, 05:44 PM
I did that.

I stopped pretty much cold turkey about a year ago, maybe two. I`ll buy stuff from a member here if they need to sell something out of need. And I`ve picked up some towels and brushes locally on extreme clearance, and I bought from Meguiar`s during the Katrina sale. In each case I gave most of the stuff away to friends.

Try this. When something new comes along, wait. Wait for it to be new, then wait for it to be common. Then if you wait a little bit longer, it will become passe, and there will be something else new. I`ve done this through several cycles, most notably UPP, Wolfgang, and now Werkstatt. There have been more, but I don`t remember them.

Once you make it through two cycles you`ll be pretty well immune. Trust me, the car will look great whatever you use, as long as you use your products and tools correctly.

Tom