PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a plan of attack!!!

cwcad
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
After waiting over two months for the tonneau cover to be restored by the vendor I stopped by the detail and accessory shop that I had purchased the cover from unexpectedly yesterday. Made an inquiry about the desposition of the tonneau cover. Was informed that it had come in the other day. They had not had time to give me a call so they were glad to see me stop by the shop. I guess it saved them all that work that is entailed to call a customer.

Was glad that I stopped by also because, I knew that by getting to them before they called me, I could save my self some work by asking them to not clean the tonneau cover at all. Just have it ready to be installed at the agreed upon time. That I would be happy to do all the cleaning that would be necessary after the installation of the cover. I saw the attendant/salesman write something that I had hoped was a work order.

Arrived on time. Made small talk with the installer and mentioned how it was nice that they would not be cleaning the tonneau cover. He said, “Oh no, we automatically clean all our covers before and after the installation. Everything here leaves clean”.

This is the result of their cleaning practices.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/tonneau1-18-06014.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/tonneau1-18-06021.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/tonneau1-18-06022.jpg

Guess what I am doing tomorrow...? Any one interested in making a suggestion as to how I should attack this paint to correct the holgrams.

Pictures do not do justice to these holograms they really stand out. I know that I have never instilled anything of this nature ever before.

imported_Neothin
01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Holograms come out pretty easily... OCP on a polishing pad has worked great for me.

JaCkaL829
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I agree holograms aren`t that bad to remove. I`m sure IP or OP followed up with a finer polish should do the trick.

I really hope they got an ear full from you. Thats just unacceptable condition.

zippymbr
01-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey try that new SWRIL with the white pad, speed 5 should do it.

cwcad
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I agree holograms aren`t that bad to remove. I`m sure IP or OP followed up with a finer polish should do the trick.

I really hope they got an ear full from you. Thats just unacceptable condition.

This not the first time in this shop. But it will be the last time for me. After the converstion with the installer I knew that these people were not going to do anything that I would want done. They pretty much think I do not know anything. There diregard to my wishes speak volumes as far as I am concerned.

I pretty much resigned myself to getting the tonneau cover installed. Once it was installed I would take it upon myself to solve any installation problems myself. Since this shop does not sell or service this kind of tonneau cover any longer it seemed an effort in futility to have said anything that would further inflame the situation. In this case I am just glad to have my tonneau cover returned in one piece.