PDA

View Full Version : Need to remove 2000 grit marks with PC

Shane
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
After wet sanding with 2000 grit to level some of the orange peel in a fresh paint job, I`ve had limited success at removing the sanding marks. I`ve tried wolfgang total swirl remover and some 3M swirl remover to no avail. Well, the majority of the marks are gone, but in sunlight many are still visible.

Poorboy`s SSR3 was recommended, but after reading one review it seems it may not be the product for me. (too much hazing etc)

Here are the products I currently have.

Orange and white pads (light cut and polish).

WG Swirl remover

WG Finishing glaze

WG Gloss sealant

Klasse AIO

S100

Menzerna sounds like the way to go, but I usually order from Autogeek as the products arrive the next day.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. FYI, this is on a Merlot Mica (dark metallic wine color).

White95Max
01-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I would also suggest SSR3, or possibly SSR2.5 with an orange pad. In order to remove sanding marks, you`re going to need a strong compound and cutting pad, so don`t expect to have a haze-free finish right away. You`ll need to follow up again with a light polish.

holland_patrick
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
good luck..

SSR 3 and take your time..

If you think your done I would go for a Min longer..

imported_Neothin
01-18-2006, 08:11 PM
your not going to be able to get out sanding marks and not leave some hazing behind. I`d just get the SSR3 and then follow up with a lighter polish (I think SSR1 will be able to get out the hazing).

Mad iX
01-18-2006, 10:08 PM
2 passes of SSR2.5 with polishing pad applied by DA has worked for me pretty much every time.