PDA

View Full Version : Removing Clear Tabs

Malachi71
01-18-2006, 01:41 PM
I removed a bug guard on my truck and wanted to know what would be the best method for removing the clear tabs?

These small clear tabs are on the hood of the truck to protect the paint where the bug guard mounts to the hood. They extend about an inch on the top front of the hood and bend around the front to the underside. They seem to have an adhesive back. I want to remove them as well as any adhesive that may be left but I want to make sure that I do not harm the paint. Any info on what to use and how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

BobD
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
I removed a bug guard on my truck and wanted to know what would be the best method for removing the clear tabs?

These small clear tabs are on the hood of the truck to protect the paint where the bug guard mounts to the hood. They extend about an inch on the top front of the hood and bend around the front to the underside. They seem to have an adhesive back. I want to remove them as well as any adhesive that may be left but I want to make sure that I do not harm the paint. Any info on what to use and how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Heat them up really good with a hair dryer. Then gentley try and pull them off.

Malachi71
01-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Heat them up really good with a hair dryer. Then gentley try and pull them off.

What if there is adhesive left after pulling them off? Is there a OTC product that will remove the adhesive without harming the finish?

BobD
01-19-2006, 06:25 AM
What if there is adhesive left after pulling them off? Is there a OTC product that will remove the adhesive without harming the finish?

3M adhesive remover. ;) I never recommend goo gone because I have personally seem them stain paint on a bumper. The 3M adhesive remover is usually available at your local parts store.