PDA

View Full Version : FPII & Zaino

Intercooled
01-16-2006, 03:48 PM
OK, all us Zaino guys know that Zaino isn`t compatable with any silicone or oil products. Whats the skinny on FPII? I like the polish alot and have been reading about guys using it with success under Zaino. CMA web sits says it has some oil for lubricity but yet it states its a water based product.

Whats your opinion of FPII directly under Zaino?

kilodawg
01-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Once again, no problems at all here but I put AIO and a 24 hour wait between the two also.

stilez
01-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Sal told me that FPII is oil-based but contains no filling oils, just lubricating oils.

I have used Zaino directly over FPII, but always after a S+W wipedown (to get rid of missed polish residue and any dust/debris. This hasn`t caused any problems (4-7 months of durability).

However, from now on to play it safe, I just substitute S+W with IPA (50/50) or Zaino Z6.

SpoiledMan
01-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I guess if I don`t use Zaino only I`m not a "Zaino Guy?" I and others posted our findings on this in the other thread.

Intercooled
01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I guess if I don`t use Zaino only I`m not a "Zaino Guy?" I and others posted our findings on this in the other thread.

Yeah, I didn`t want to hijack the other thread and wanted to ask a more directed specfic question.

SpoiledMan
01-16-2006, 04:16 PM
:o OK, I`ll calm down.

Intercooled
01-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Sal told me that FPII is oil-based but contains no filling oils, just lubricating oils.

I have used Zaino directly over FPII, but always after a S+W wipedown (to get rid of missed polish residue and any dust/debris. This hasn`t caused any problems (4-7 months of durability).

However, from now on to play it safe, I just substitute S+W with IPA (50/50) or Zaino Z6.

That sounds promising to me! :p

You feel Z6 would clean up any residues?

Id rather Z6 than have to do an IPA wipe down or another wash.

imported_flatstick
01-16-2006, 04:20 PM
That sounds promising to me! :p

You feel Z6 would clean up any residues?

Id rather Z6 than have to do an IPA wipe down or another wash.

I have used Zaino over FPII and just do a Z6 wipedown ( as always) before laying down the first layer. no problems with it here. I actually like the look and ease of FPII before Zaino. if you finish is in pretty descent shape. go for it :woot:

JeffM
01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
I use a Z6 wipedown also, and i prefer FPII over ZPC.

gmblack3
01-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Out of the 5 cars/trucks I have done as of late w/ FPII and Z2pro, I only used IP 50/50 on the first.

I may have done a Z6 wipedown on a few of the others after FPII, but can`t remember if I did on all of them.