PDA

View Full Version : Scrathes....

imported_Surfer
01-16-2006, 03:34 PM
New here, read the guide and other post on here regarding scratches. One of our trucks, white Mountaineer, has some scratches but not the normal "keyed" type look. More so like a brissel pad rubbed it, some look fairly deep some look like they are just through the clear coat. I was trying to take pics but can`t figure out how to get a sharp image, all I get is a blur basically no matter what setting I try. How the hell do some of you get such sharp/exact pics of scratches zoomed all the way in lol????? My cam is broken so I`m using my sisters, it`s a Sony DSC-P100 (5.1 mega pixels etc).

And I`m not sure what process to use to remove the scratches as there seem to be dozens of ways, but guess I have to figure out how to get pics on here that show them correctly for you guys to see.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Mad iX
01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Put it in macro mode (flower icon) and don`t zoom in. Leave the lens on wide-angle.

ScratchX would probably be the best thing to try first. Unless you have something similar.

If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail then complete removal will be tough at best.

imported_Surfer
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Maybe b/c the trucks white, a scratch on my black Mountaineer comes up sharp on cam, but my white one, scratches look like a blur lol. Oh well.

I used some KIT Scratch Out liquid, and damn it worked well. Only a few small scratches are still their as they seem pretty deep (but they don`t stick out like they did). But you can`t tell where the others are. $2 well spent lol.

White95Max
01-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Were you taking a picture showing a direct reflection of the sun? The scratches should show up quite readily with that type of picture setup.

It could be that they are showing up as a blur either from oxidation, or that the scratches were so numerous and dense that they almost blended together as a large mass of scratches.

imported_Surfer
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
or that the scratches were so numerous and dense that they almost blended together as a large mass of scratches.I think that was why. Like I was saying before, they weren`t the "keyed" type scractes that are like a straight line. These looked more like a brissel pad was rubbed on it, causing a bunch of close scratches right together, made it look more like a blotch.

White95Max
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Would they happen to appear to be in...circles? :)

If so, they`re swirls caused by improper washing of some sort. Either by you, or possibly the dealership (s) that you take the vehicle to.

imported_Surfer
01-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Would they happen to appear to be in...circles? :)

If so, they`re swirls caused by improper washing of some sort. Either by you, or possibly the dealership (s) that you take the vehicle to.No, they really looked just like as if somebody was holding a brissel pad (you kow the pads that get grime/rust off etc) and just took a swipe at the paint. There was one small spot on each door and the whole front of the hood had it, and they weren`t swirls, have no idea what happened.