PDA

View Full Version : Care and feeding of your wash mitts...

Pages : [1] 2

66#1
01-16-2006, 12:17 AM
What process do you all go through when washing your wash mitts? As in what cycle do you use and how do you dry them??

a.k.a. Patrick
01-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Cycle? How about a gentle hand sudsing in some water with auto soap or Woolite ? Line dry out of direct sunlight......

benpocock
01-16-2006, 01:39 AM
I use mine as per normal (two bucket method), and every now and then put them in the washer on a delicates rinse cycle with no detergent.

Ben

Accumulator
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Regular cycle, Woolite, hot water, mutliple rinses, air dry.

Bill D
01-16-2006, 10:13 AM
With the sheepskin, I hand wash and rinse, turn them inside out, and promptly place them in the dryer. I`ve had nothing but good results and have extended their "life expectancy" this way.

Spilchy
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
delicate cycle, cold wash cold rinse, no detergent. I leave the balance of the car shampoo absorbed in the mitt to act a surfactant to clean the mitt. I hang to dry in my boiler room where it is warm and in a day it`s completely dry.

imported_flatstick
01-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Cycle? How about a gentle hand sudsing in some water with auto soap or Woolite ? Line dry out of direct sunlight......

This is my method as well ,Woolite works for me. never use the machine for a wash mitt. takes me a couple of minutes

BigAl3
01-16-2006, 11:17 AM

agreed. when i`m done washing, i put the mitt in a clean bucket of water as i dry the ride (sits for 20-30 min). before i take it out, i agitate it and wring out the excess water and then hang dry it on a pant hanger. works great for me...

DrSauekraut
01-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Hot wash with cold rinse, ½ cup of laundry detergent, a scoop of Oxyclean, washer setting on Hand Wash Cycle with extra rinse. Once done, toss into the dryer to air tumble. Voila!

PS: I use Sonus Der Wunder Mitt :xyxthumbs

imported_Neothin
01-16-2006, 01:08 PM
After I`m done using the mitts, Ill throw them into a bucket of clean water. Once I`m done washing/drying the car, Ill agitate the mitts to get anything else out of them, wring them out, and hang them on the line in the garage. In about 12 hours or so, the fluffy parts of the mitts will be dry. At this point, I`ll turn the mitts inside out and let the inside dry.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-16-2006, 03:35 PM
After I`m done using the mitts, Ill throw them into a bucket of clean water. Once I`m done washing/drying the car, Ill agitate the mitts to get anything else out of them, wring them out, and hang them on the line in the garage. In about 12 hours or so, the fluffy parts of the mitts will be dry. At this point, I`ll turn the mitts inside out and let the inside dry.

:2thumbs: Bingo.......

Black240SX
01-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Regular wash with regular laundry soap and whatever else needs washing. Then into the dryer on high.

I do the same for both sheepskin and synthetic mitts.

SilverLexus
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I wash mine on delicate with Tide HE and it works fine. I do an air-only tumble dry.

White95Max
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I just wash them by hand in warm water and Woolite as well. Then rinse well and air dry. I really don`t think a washing machine is necessary just to wash a couple mitts.

Accumulator
01-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I really don`t think a washing machine is necessary just to wash a couple mitts.

Well, not *necessary* perhaps, but convenient. I toss `em in the washer while I`m drying the vehicle. I don`t wash them all that often though, with the foamgun they really don`t end up that soiled. Come to think of it, I don`t add the woolite all that often either- they usually come clean with just the residual carwash shampoo.