PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Bottles

Intercooled
01-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I`m thinking of getting some new small clear plastic bottles to transfer my products into. I was looking at US Plastics which were recommended by many here. I`m looking for something that squeezes well with a nice tip. The Yorker dispensing tip looks good to me but have never really used one. The problem I see with that spout is the little red cap that could get lost. I`m not a big fan of flip tops. My factory Manzerna flip tops get gummed up. I`m looking for some advice from those who have used these bottles. I also figure that would help consolidate the Product shelves to simmilar sized bottles.

Are there any problems with these bottles I`m not aware of?

The link below shows the page of US Plastics bottle selection.

Thanks

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=14952&Page=1

JaCkaL829
01-15-2006, 06:50 PM
You might wanna take a look at a local beauty supply store. I went into one and they had 2, 4, and 8 oz bottles with flip tops. They we`re around $1.50 which was a little more than USPlastics, but no shipping.

I just used my 8 oz sample of Meguiar`s #21 with the yorker dispensing tip and it worked fine.

imported_flatstick
01-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I`m thinking of getting some new small clear plastic bottles to transfer my products into. I was looking at US Plastics which were recommended by many here. I`m looking for something that squeezes well with a nice tip. The Yorker dispensing tip looks good to me but have never really used one. The problem I see with that spout is the little red cap that could get lost. I`m not a big fan of flip tops. My factory Manzerna flip tops get gummed up. I`m looking for some advice from those who have used these bottles. I also figure that would help consolidate the Product shelves to simmilar sized bottles.

Are there any problems with these bottles I`m not aware of?

The link below shows the page of US Plastics bottle selection.

Thanks

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=14952&Page=1

Do not foget to check ACMoore and art supply stores. I have the yorker style bottles and the red tip snaps in place if you put it on firmly. they do clog like the fliptops do so to me they show little advantage other then being easier to fill, due to a wider mouth. that is primary reason why I use them. just my two cents. I sent you a Pm with a few links. check it out

Mikeyc
01-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I just got 10 squeeze bottles for $9 from Poorboy`s. You can find them on the accessories page (http://www.poorboysworld.com/accessories.htm) of their website. They don`t have a flip top to get gummed up or a cap to lose. Plus, they`re cheap!! I just transferred all my Menzerna products into them. The square bottles they came in are awful.

Intercooled
01-15-2006, 08:05 PM
How would a yorker spout bottle work with a thin product like AIO. Would too much spill out?