PDA

View Full Version : Detailers in North Jersey...

Pages : [1] 2

Diesel917
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Anybody ever use Dr. Detail in Rochelle Park, NJ or "Details by John" in Wood Ridge? If so, what were your experiences with either?

Any suggestions for a North Jersey detailer that does superior work? Thanks!

ntoddalbert
01-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I dont know either one, but I can tell by the locations your asking about we are pretty close. If you have a garage, time and maybe a few Beers I would be more than willing to help you out with the tools ( Porter Cable) polish and lend you my experience... im not a pro, more a hobby or as my future wife would say an obsession.

I have just about every product you can imagine. I work at Teterboro Airport. You mentioned Wood-Ridge, right down the road.

Hopefuly someone will chime in with experience on the guys you mentioned. I believe Spilchy, one of our premier members is also not far and a pro? do a quick search you will see his work, top notch if thats what your looking for.

Good Luck...

Spilchy
01-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the "premier" comment, but I`m not a pro :laugh: Just guy looking to squeeze out a few extra bucks. Plus, with this weather, I`m in hibernation (and located in Essex County).

The Dr. Details seems like an established joint. I`m not sure of their work. Looks like they`ve got a fixed location too. You can stop by, survey the place and check out their work.

What`s interesting about their site is that they have a store. When you click the link, it is the same as another company`s store. Maybe they`re connected? The only thing that is different is the company name at the end of the last paragraph and the name Kevin Farrell apears once.

Check out this link from Dr. Detail:

http://drdetail.com/catalog/

Then, check out this link:

http://www.1car-detailing-training.com/catalog/index.php

ntoddalbert
01-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey thats great to know I can pick up some Optimum products while on my Lunch break!

Sorry Spilchy, I always assumed you were a pro, hey your work looked good enough....

Its a tough time of the year for us clean car lovers, house hunting now and heated garage or ability to retrofit it is right up there on my list. Beofore 9/11 we could pull our cars into the heated aircraft hangars and wash anytime but now im SOL just like everyone else, just watching the weather channel and spotting a day above my cutoff temp of 38F is the best I can do.......

Larrycolorglo
01-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Anybody ever use Dr. Detail in Rochelle Park, NJ or "Details by John" in Wood Ridge? If so, what were your experiences with either?

I am not sure if he is N. Jersey but you should speak with Kevin Farrel - www.kleencar.com

Spilchy
01-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I am not sure if he is N. Jersey but you should speak with Kevin Farrel - www.kleencar.com

That`s the guy who shares the same link as Dr. Details that I mentioned in my post above.

Diesel917
01-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help so far guys... I will definately have to take up some offers on this thread once the weather gets nicer... no sense in detailing the exterior of a month-old new car now right???

Falcon, you said that your cutoff temp to wash was 38... what do you do then when its below that and your car is caked with road salt??? :nixweiss

rollman
01-16-2006, 03:55 PM
I know both John of Details by John and Kevin from Kleen Car , both good guys you won`t go wrong by dealing with either of them. :buffing:

Diesel917
01-17-2006, 06:37 AM
so Kevin runs this Dr. Detail place? I think I need to stop by and see what`s up. I don`t what just any old schlup touching my car so I would like to see who`s doing what over there.

rollman
01-17-2006, 12:18 PM
so Kevin runs this Dr. Detail place? I think I need to stop by and see what`s up. I don`t what just any old schlup touching my car so I would like to see who`s doing what over there.

Kevin Farrel runs Kleen Car Auto Appearance in New Milford , I don`t know this Dr Detail place. Kevin runs a detailing shop and training center .

Diesel917
01-18-2006, 06:35 AM
I heard about his training facility... is that also where he runs his detail shop?

rollman
01-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I heard about his training facility... is that also where he runs his detail shop?

I beleive so , I`ve only talked with Kevin on the phone ,never been up there in person .

bosc18
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Ive used dr detail before, they are very quick- $100.00 for a complete detail, not bad for someone coming to my job. I dont know much about details by john.

KrispyK
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM

Erich Lipinski -- he`s legendary. PM me for his contact info -- he just did my 997S and it was the best detailing job I`ve ever seen.

nycts
02-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Ive used dr detail before, they are very quick- $100.00 for a complete detail, not bad for someone coming to my job. I dont know much about details by john.

What exactly is a complete detail?

Does that include using Clay and DACP?

Im jumping into this forum because after religious weekly washings and bi weekly waxings.. it finally all caught up to me...

moving into a new place, horrible winter weather and just plain working...my black caddy CTS is amazingly dirty and I got to get it cleaned up by spring.