PDA

View Full Version : High end Turtle Wax?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

accordmaniac
01-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I went to Walmart today and found that they finally stocked NXT wash. In addition to that they also had these two new products on their shelves. I picked it up and it was called Ice. One was a "synthetice detailer" and one was a sealant. I didn`t know who made it at first and thought it was one of those useless products such as Blackmagic. Started to get interested in the synthetic detailer so I looked at the price. Yikes! it was almost ten bucks for a 16oz-ish bottle of otc detailer. I then looked at the sealant and it was $16.xx, even more expensive than NXT when it first came out. The I looked at the manufacturer and it turned out to be Turtle Wax. Since the packaging was see through and so were the bottles, the sealant looked very,very thin. Maybe this is Turtle Waxes competitor to NXT, FX, and Reflections? IDK, but it seems pretty pricey for a company that isn`t known for good products with the exception of the Platinum line to put out something new with ten and sixteen dollar price tags.

imported_Bence
01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I checked on their website; well, the bottle looks good!

Here is TW`s Press Release:

Ice Age Hits America: New Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Formula Is Greatest Advance in Car Polish Since Super Hard Shell

CHICAGO, Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Turtle Wax(R) Inc. introduced a new car polish formula today at the AAPEX and SEMA auto shows in Las Vegas called Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Synthetic Car Polish. Unlike traditional car polish, Turtle Wax Ice is a clear liquid that wipes on-and-off the exterior of a car with minimal effort while producing exceptional shine and protection. Turtle Wax is the No. 1 car appearance brand in the world and recognizes its new Ice as one of the greatest innovations in the company`s 60 year history.

"The development of Ice car polish is a credit to the decades of research and consumer insights that have taken place here," said Tom Healy, vice president of marketing at Turtle Wax. "Turtle Wax Ice is a revolutionary product that people have been asking for. The launch of Ice sets a new bar in automotive appearance products -- there`s nothing else like it on the market today."

Turtle Wax Ice is a completely new technology formulated to deliver exceptional shine and durability. The clear polish can be applied to practically any exterior surface to restore color and shine, including bumpers and plastic moldings around side view mirrors, headlights and indicators. Turtle Wax Ice can be applied in direct sunlight, leaves no white residue on the vehicle and is designed to shine and protect your car`s finish from the sun`s damaging UV rays. Turtle Wax Ice will be sold at retailers and automotive specialty stores across the U.S. It will carry an MSRP of $16.99 for a 16 oz. bottle.

Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Synthetic Car Detailer is making its debut as well. Just like the Ice car polish, Ice Detailer is a completely clear formula that blends synthetic polymers and clarified Carnuba wax to provide a mirror-like shine and long-lasting protection. Ice Detailer is ideal for a quick shine between regular wax applications and for removing light duct from exterior surfaces.

Louie
01-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Explains why both Turtle Wax Platinum Wax and Detailer are on sale at Big Lots for $2.99. Both are not a bad product - especially for the money, I`ve also seen a bunch of positive reviews. I have no idea about the Ice line, curious to see how it stacks up.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-15-2006, 09:22 AM
I checked on their website; well, the bottle looks good!

Here is TW`s Press Release:

Ice Age Hits America: New Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Formula Is Greatest Advance in Car Polish Since Super Hard Shell

CHICAGO, Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Turtle Wax(R) Inc. introduced a new car polish formula today at the AAPEX and SEMA auto shows in Las Vegas called Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Synthetic Car Polish. Unlike traditional car polish, Turtle Wax Ice is a clear liquid that wipes on-and-off the exterior of a car with minimal effort while producing exceptional shine and protection. That gets me excited....... Turtle Wax is the No. 1 car appearance brand in the world and recognizes its new Ice as one of the greatest innovations in the company`s 60 year history.

"The development of Ice car polish is a credit to the decades of research and consumer insights that have taken place here," said Tom Healy, vice president of marketing at Turtle Wax. "Turtle Wax Ice is a revolutionary product that people have been asking for. The launch of Ice sets a new bar in automotive appearance products -- there`s nothing else like it on the market today."

Turtle Wax Ice is a completely new technology formulated to deliver exceptional shine and durability. The clear polish can be applied to practically any exterior surface to restore color and shine, including bumpers and plastic moldings around side view mirrors, headlights and indicators. Turtle Wax Ice can be applied in direct sunlight, leaves no white residue on the vehicle and is designed to shine and protect your car`s finish from the sun`s damaging UV rays. Im still excited....... Turtle Wax Ice will be sold at retailers and automotive specialty stores across the U.S. It will carry an MSRP of $16.99 for a 16 oz. bottle.

Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Synthetic Car Detailer is making its debut as well. Just like the Ice car polish, Ice Detailer is a completely clear formula that blends synthetic polymers and clarified Carnuba wax (So its not a pure synthetic product) to provide a mirror-like shine and long-lasting protection. Ice Detailer is ideal for a quick shine between regular wax applications and for removing light duct from exterior surfaces.

I guess we`ll have to wait and see! Like i dont have enough stuff, that I havent tried already !!

imported_seikoguy
01-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Yesh, the local Advanced Auto Parts have been heavily discounting some of the TW Platinum products. I bought out all the TW Platinum Detailer they had for only $1 a bottle. Talk about a great deal. Here are the pics of those ICE products from the TW website.

http://www.turtlewax.com/products/img/appearance/iceliquid.jpg...............http://www.turtlewax.com/products/img/appearance/icedetail.jpg

qwik5o
01-15-2006, 01:42 PM
So this ICE leaves no white residue on the vehicle? I don`t get it...

Are they saying you apply it and let it be? If it does not turn white, how will one even know what to remove?

:confused:

a.k.a. Patrick
01-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Slow, theres a lot of products like that !

I think they`re saying its doesnt dust and/or stain .....

qwik5o
01-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Hmm, new to me! What products are these?

Maybe this is something other than what I am thinking of..

AL-53
01-15-2006, 04:05 PM
As we can see...the big name brand companies are getting in on the new technology..trying to compete with the boutique products...I think before long they will..with their labs..a little reverse engineering...they will come close to the good products we get now..and maybe have something better....

Some have the nice look already..the durability is lacking some but eventually they will break the barrier...

It seems like big names are coming out with something new yearly now...so it shows they have an interest in trying to gain market share...

who knows what the future will bring....

AL

imported_Larry A
01-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I hear that Eagle One is coming out with a spray wax version of there Nano Wax.

Sherman8r44
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Hmm, new to me! What products are these?

Maybe this is something other than what I am thinking of..

It means that the residue will be a hazy film, rather than a white chalky powder. In general, carnaubas tend to have the powder residue while sealants haze over.

imported_seikoguy
01-15-2006, 06:58 PM
I was driving along when I noticed a Walmart at a corner and pulled into it. Ended up buying the new ICE Spray Detailer (16 oz bottle) as well as the spray version of Nanowax (18 oz bottle). The ICE rang up as $9.24 (excluding tax) while the Nanowax rang up as $5.88 (excluding tax). As can be seen, the ICE is a clear, colorless liquid. Unlike other products, there isn`t any "fruity" scent to it - more along the lines of those chemical-like scents you get with some household cleaners. I have not had the chance to try either of these products on any vehicle as of yet, but went around the home spraying them on some painted surfaces and glass. Both products left the surfaces slick. But then again, you can say that with any number of other competing products. The $9.24 price might be a tad higher than what the typical consumer might be willing to shell out for a detail spray as there are a number of less expensive alternatives available. Wouldn`t surprise me if TW were to start lowering their prices on this entire ICE line of products if the products don`t move off the shelves as quickly as they had hoped.

The ICE bottle is a little different. There is a red tab which, when pulled down, unlocks the trigger. In the up position (as in the pic), the trigger is locked.

http://fototime.com/10FC9BC44DD382F/orig.jpg

Mad iX
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I don`t doubt a company like TW can develop great products.

I wouldn`t mind trying out these new products. Interesting how they`re clear. I can`t think of any other product, especially LSP, that isn`t colored.

Still depends on if they get released here, and for how much.

imported_Bence
01-15-2006, 07:16 PM
In Europe, we have this product (but no QD) since summer last year. I think they are the same.

http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/prodimg/FG5199.gif

accordmaniac
01-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I hope someone tries the sealant and let us know what they think