PDA

View Full Version : Too cold for detailing?

CletusTheDwarf
01-14-2006, 01:52 PM
So i had some minor vandalism done to my car, and caused one small dent as well as a little belmish in the paint. On monday I`m having the paintless dent repair guy come fix the dent. I wanted to use some polish and scratchx and then re-wax the effected area before he comes. Right now it`s about 30 degrees out. Is there anything wrong with using detailing products when it`s this cold out?

exile
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Not sure about application, but a lot of our detailing supplies can`t take freezing. I have had to throw out stuff that has frozen. ScratchX is one for sure. Never would mix up again when shaken. Looked like curdled milk. Then there`s that whole wash water freezing before you`re through thingy..........Tom :chuckle: :nixweiss

Louie
01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
If it is 30 out, try working in a sunny location to heat the affected area above freezing. If it is going to warm up, I`d probably wait. I would imagine the friction of working the Scratch-X would keep any of the liquids from freezing while applying. Bring your products inside when done so they don`t freeze. Used to live in Rochester, MI; don`t miss this time of year up north. It`s been in the low 80`s in south Florida all week, should have washed my car yesterday - mid 60s today was a bit cool for us.