PDA

View Full Version : looking for some suggestions for company cars

imported_flatstick
01-14-2006, 09:45 AM
I am looking for some opinions on some exterior combos on black cars that I will be doing .The company I work for wants me to detail their black cars and right now they pay for a wash,wax and quick interior cleaning only .Company does not want to pay for a full detail like I usually do but I want to do a quality job in a short amount of time.Cars will be done every 6 months so the LSP must have durability.There will be no clay or deep polishing on these black cars was hoping for more of a light swirl , glaze, LSP to make the finish look better and seal it in. following are possible combos as I see might be a good option, feel free to add some input. 845 might be good as an LSP anybody have any other options in mind ? would Prime and AJ be just what I need ? ( I do have it so that is a bonus) was worried that the Prime/ AJ would be tough to work with on black that has not been kept up well.

#1 PO106FF, 845

# 2 QEW , Prime AJ

# 3 QEW, ????? you decide

scottabir
01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
I would use something like Hi-temps paint perfection polish. as for something lasting six months maybe you should educate them as to how long waxes and sealants really last...

Depending on the price they are paying I would explain to them what they can expect the vehicles to look like. After educating them maybe they will go for a full detail up front and maintanace care after wards to save them money ;) have you weekly wash them so they stay as good as possible :D I think you might have a good opportunity to upsell them with a little education.

If they are adamant on just basic cleaning every six months then I would just use AIO/SG and call it good because they obviously dont care about the swirls and marring like we (autopians) do.

imported_flatstick
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I would use something like Hi-temps paint perfection polish. as for something lasting six months maybe you should educate them as to how long waxes and sealants really last...

Depending on the price they are paying I would explain to them what they can expect the vehicles to look like. After educating them maybe they will go for a full detail up front and maintanace care after wards to save them money ;) have you weekly wash them so they stay as good as possible :D I think you might have a good opportunity to upsell them with a little education.

If they are adamant on just basic cleaning every six months then I would just use AIO/SG and call it good because they obviously dont care about the swirls and marring like we (autopians) do.

My company is looking for me to come in at a better price than what they are paying now. they have already said that they do not expect the same results as they see with my cars or the other details that I have done. the AIO/ SG might be the ticket or PRIME/ AJ since I already have it. like I said in my post I may also go with a quick 106FF polish then A/J for the first time to get rid of some minor swirls and bring back the shine out in the black. from there I can just do the AIO/SG type combo like you suggested. thanks for the response. as always somebody gets me thinking in another direction. :bigups anybody else have any other options or advice to add ?

3Dog
01-14-2006, 12:15 PM
I would take a serious look at FK1`s 215 as a one step and if you want to go the extra mile top it with FX100.

imported_flatstick
01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
I would take a serious look at FK1`s 215 as a one step and if you want to go the extra mile top it with FX100.

Have never used any of the FK products. how would you compare the 215 durability and looks to the combo of 215/ FX100 ?

3Dog
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
This my help some since it has pics and everything :drool:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/7295128-1.html

I am up to two months on mine and still holding up good. But I think Shep`s documentary will be more info for you.

imported_flatstick
01-14-2006, 01:16 PM
This my help some since it has pics and everything :drool:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/7295128-1.html

I am up to two months on mine and still holding up good. But I think Shep`s documentary will be more info for you.

Very informative article and the combo looks good. after checking out their site I wonder if the FX-100 or the 2180 would be better for the topper ? appreciate the insight, do you feel it would work better than Prime and AJ? I already have the AJ set up :confused:

gmblack3
01-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I would just go with the prime and AJ since you already have it. Prime should clean up the paint good enough for what they expect. AJ should last long enough for what they are paying.

I know you got a bit of the 106ff on the shelf, but I would not add it to the above steps on their cars as its too expensive.

JMO.

3Dog
01-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Very informative article and the combo looks good. after checking out their site I wonder if the FX-100 or the 2180 would be better for the topper ? appreciate the insight, do you feel it would work better than Prime and AJ? I already have the AJ set up :confused:

I am not seeing one as better as far as combo goes. My thoughts were on a budget for the company you are dealing with 215 would save time and money. 215 and 2180 are very familar, with the 215 having polish abilities. FX100 just gives that wow of a glazes with some sealants added.

Break down of products here..

http://www.fk1usa.com/forum.htm

With all that being said, If you like Menzerna maybe the new Acrylic Jacket could work for you.

imported_flatstick
01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
I am not seeing one as better as far as combo goes. My thoughts were on a budget for the company you are dealing with 215 would save time and money. 215 and 2180 are very familar, with the 215 having polish abilities. FX100 just gives that wow of a glazes with some sealants added.

Break down of products here..

http://www.fk1usa.com/forum.htm

With all that being said, If you like Menzerna maybe the new Acrylic Jacket could work for you.

Thanks again for the information always good to have an open mind I say.

imported_Neothin
01-15-2006, 07:19 AM
out of your combo selections, I would go with VM/IW. The VM is going to polish lightly and fill a bit afterwards, plus IW`s durability is great (I`m not sure that it will last the full 6 months, but 4-5 sounds reasonable).

I would comment on the Prime/AJ, but alas, I`ve never tried it :(

imported_flatstick
01-15-2006, 07:36 AM
out of your combo selections, I would go with VM/IW. The VM is going to polish lightly and fill a bit afterwards, plus IW`s durability is great (I`m not sure that it will last the full 6 months, but 4-5 sounds reasonable).

I would comment on the Prime/AJ, but alas, I`ve never tried it :(

Thanks for the response looks like I have a few ways to go. has been hard to decide what I want to use as this is not the way I usually go about detailing. as somebody else said they are not expecting Autopian results. so far the Prime / AJ is looking good since I already have it but not sure how the AJ will repond to a black car that is not being given a descent polish, just Prime first . NEO, did you see my PM ? let me know if you want to get rid of the QEW.... maybe we can work something out.

FrizzleFry
01-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Even though a product may cost more... time is also a factor. Use whatever takes the least amount of time to work with and will get results you think they would appreciate.

imported_flatstick
01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Even though a product may cost more... time is also a factor. Use whatever takes the least amount of time to work with and will get results you think they would appreciate.

I would agree with you that time will be precious in doing these cars. that is the reason I was thinking of going with the 106 as I have plenty, I work pretty fast with it, removes easy and leaves a nice finish. only issue would then be an LSP that will last a long time. well looks like I have a few good choices so far. keep the ideas coming. :confused: