PDA

View Full Version : After Optimum Polish...the next strp should be????

Nicky Pass
01-13-2006, 08:09 AM
After fighting with OP last night for about 2 hours...I finally got the results I wanted. Now....what should the next step be. I was thinking about throwing a coat of VM....just because it would be easy. OR.....should I just go to EX-P?

ZaneO
01-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Either step would be fine...your choice.

Nicky Pass
01-13-2006, 08:23 AM
So VM over Optimum would be okay? Then top all of that with EX-P and Nattys. Then my car SHOULD be able to survive a nuclear blast!

imported_Neothin
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
the glazing oils in VM will enhance the depth and wetness of the paint. I would personally use the VM because wetness is the main factor that I look at in product combos.

coltagious
01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Hello, I like VM or RMG after Op Polish as well as it not only gives the added wetness and gloss, it also gives the surface a really smoooooth touch. After reading Scottwax`s post, my go to glaze is now Pink Moose!!

Nicky Pass
01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Is pink moose better then VM?

imported_Neothin
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
"pink moose" is something that scottwax mixed up last week. He added equal parts of VM and RMG together.

Nicky Pass
01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I need to visit here more often.

....So far I`ve Clayed, OP`d 2X!!!, Now I`m gonna VM....then EX-P (2-3X), then top that with Natty Wax.....this car better be hard to look at when I`m done! Where is Spring....as I type this, the snowflakes falling ifrom the sky are about the size of cotton balls....gotta love Chicago!!!!

imported_Neothin
01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
with a white car your not going to get the breathtaking results that other colors can achieve. Yes, it will still look great, but don`t expect too much. The key to making white look good is to have a very sharp contrast between the perfectly clean paint and the darker colors present on the car. Dark tint on the windows, jet black trim, perfectly clean wheel wells, and freshly dressed black tires will give great contrast and really augment your work on the paint.

White does show itself nicely in the twilight hours though.

Nicky Pass
01-13-2006, 10:22 AM
It looks great in flourescent light to....as long as there is no swirls!