PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

docker
01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
(copy of my post at DC where I post as JeffW)

Product Pic:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/Products/WGsealantspritz.jpg

Description (from the manufacturer web site):

This spray-on sealant is a revolution in paint protection. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a direct descendant of our legendary wipe-on sealant, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. The two share virtually the same blueprint, with one exception. Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant has engineered liquefied polymers that disperse easily through the spray nozzle and then regroup on the paint surface to form one solid polymer coat over the paint finish. The slick coating shields the paint from UV rays, airborne pollution, and road grime for months rather than weeks. Its incredible slickness allows dirt and water to just roll off.

Price:

16oz is $16.95

Packing Info:

For those of you familiar with the WG product line, this new Spritz has the same type of labeling and same bottle and sprayer that the "old" Spritz QD had. Quality, sturdy bottle and sprayer that works well and doesn`t drip.

Color/Scent of Product:

Clear, white-ish thin liquid. Scent is fresh, clean, non-descrip (except that it smells exactly like the old spritz QD.

Reviewer Usage:

Over the weekend of January 7th & 8th I used this product on (2) of my automobiles, as follows:

The guinea pig automobiles:

Honda - It had been completely re-detailed the weekend before. Clayed, WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer, WG Finishing Glaze and WG Deep Gloss Sealant (2x) so the finish was very well prepared for the application of the product.

Jeep Liberty - This auto has a plethoria of products on it and needs to be completely re-detailed very badly. Of note, the car has numerous Natty`s Blue and OCW layers.

Pre-Review Prep:

Honda washed with PB SS&S, wiped down with PB S&W.

Liberty pre-soaked with Eagle One Car Wash in a Bottle, wiped down with PB S&W

Product Application:

Product sprays a fine, wide mist. Typically I would spray 1 squirt of product per panel, however, hood & roof took multiple squirts of course. Spread product with MF, then buffed to a dry, shinny surface. The product spread easily and buffed off easily, much like the old spritz QD and very similar to PB S&G. Purposely I applied too much product a couple times to see how easily it was to spread and buff off, and each time the product took only a few extra buffing passes to remove.

Reviewer`s Impressions:

During application - Easy to apply as mentioned above - Great sprayer, one of my favs.

Following application, Immediately & after 1st couple of days -

* Slickness - Very, very slick surface on both cars, however, noticably slicker on the Honda that was recently clayed, etc. The slickness seemed to increase the next day on both cars.

* Look - Both cars exhibited that well-known WG Deep Gloss look, and exceptionally shinny. (Edited for clarity): The Honda looked much glossier. On the Liberty, it produced a slightly glossier shine than the OCW that I had been previously applying.

After 1st Rain - Yesterday it rained a bunch and I was able to get pics of how well the rain beaded on the Honda (see below), which I think is pretty impressive. Unfortunately I was not able to get pics of the Liberty, but my wife said the beading was similiar to how the OCW beaded shortly after application.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/MiscCar/HondaJan06bWGSealSpray.jpg http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/MiscCar/HondaJan06aWGSealSpray.jpg

Durability/Longevity -

Don`t know yet, but will post something soon. The Honda gets about 150-175 miles daily, and with the rain and snow of this time of the year I should be able to get a clue fairly quickly.

Overall Impression -

To me, this product is long overdue. Keeping with the tradition of the WG product line, it is easy to use and produces that nice deep glossy shine as the name implies. Unless the durability or longevity of this product stinks, I will be using this product exclusively as LSP on my Honda. On the deep green metallic Libery, it brought out a little more glossiness that OCW did, but not as much as I had hoped which might be due to the car badly needing a good prep and detail.

Web Site

Manuf/Product site - http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/

Questions? Comments?

Scottwax
01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Interesting. Sounds similar to Detailer`s Pride`s Spray Sealant, although from your review, it seems the Wolfgang version is easier to use. From the description it appears they intend this product as a true LSP. Definitely interested in hearing if it truly lasts like one.

Great review! :)

Mad iX
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Another spray sealant?

So are you saying it actually decreased the gloss of the liquid WG sealant?

Sherman8r44
01-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Interesting. Sounds similar to Detailer`s Pride`s Spray Sealant, although from your review, it seems the Wolfgang version is easier to use. From the description it appears they intend this product as a true LSP. Definitely interested in hearing if it truly lasts like one.

Definitely sounds like DP SSS to me; they describe it as a true LSP too. It does sound like it is easier to spread/buff...I`ll have to use up all my SSS to try some of this stuff :D

SilverLexus
01-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Quality review Docker. Thanks! Like the pics. :)

White95Max
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Another spray sealant?

I think you misread the sentence. ;)

" The Honda`s multiple layers of WG sealant looked much glossier than before I used the WG sealant spray."

Mad iX
01-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I think you misread the sentence. ;)

" The Honda`s multiple layers of WG sealant looked much glossier than before I used the WG sealant spray."

You`re right.

I read it 3 times in the original post, thinking that can`t be right. Somehow even with the bold lettering I still had to read it 3 more times before I realised it.

What is wrong with me today ... :scared:

docker
01-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Another spray sealant?

Using the spray sealant, it`s glossier than the liqujid WG sealant is what I was trying to say.

Sorry, sometimes I`m not straightforward in what I am saying

Glossmaster
01-13-2006, 07:43 AM
docker: Teriffic review! Two weeks ago, I received the WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant & the WG Finishing Glaze as well. I`m looking forward to using my new WG Twins in the near future.

Now for a little good natured fun...........I lived up in Boston for 34 years.......I`m a huge Patriots fan. I hate to tell ya this, but the Belichick, Brady & the Pats OWN Manning & the Colts! (lol) Even though the Pats are pretty banged up this year, I`d still like to see a Pats-Colts AFC Championship game this year. Go PATS!! :drool:

zippymbr
01-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Grea review! I love this stuff. I got my firs bottle with the Souveran Klasse kit I bought from Autogeek. I got a second one free as a promotion. I agree with our review. The finnish is left very slick! Very tight beads. I find it easier to use that OCW, and lasts just about as long. I might have to buy a gallon of this stuff when my bottles run out. Oh yea, the sprayer is one of the best I have ever used. It delivers a very fine mist that is evenly spread out.

White95Max
01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I find it easier to use that OCW, and lasts just about as long.

How long is that?

Glossmaster
01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Looks like I`ll be waiting another year for a Pats-Colts AFC Championship game. (lol) Go Broncos! (lol)

gmblack3
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Super bowl 40 champs

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Looks like I`ll be waiting another year for a Pats-Colts AFC Championship game. (lol) Go Broncos! (lol)

wannafbody
01-18-2006, 07:50 AM
here`s hoping

zippymbr
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
How long is that?

I did my van 5 weeks ago. Still very slick and beading well.