PDA

View Full Version : RMG lovers

Pages : [1] 2

JasonD
01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Are you guys topping RMG with anything? Since Hurricane Katrina, my spare time has been at an all time low, and my poor vehicles are really getting neglected. This weekend is supposed to be decent here in New Orleans, and I might just have a day to do some overdue detailing, but have four vehichles to do, two of which are SUV`s, and one is a crew cab pickup, so as you can see, I don`t have the time to do *full* detailis, and have decided to go the RMG route just to protect them and hide the imperfections for now.

So what`s the favorite topper? P21S? Souveran? None at all?

imported_Neothin
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
You have to top RMG or the glazing oils will be gone in a matter of days. I top with a carnauba, Natty`s Blue or Souveran are my favorites. This isnt very durable though, so if your not able to attend to the cars, you might want to think of soemthing else.

III
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I top with CMW. Eventually, I would like to see how Natty`s would look.

JasonD
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I thought of that, but they really need to polished and I just don`t have the time or energy for all of that right now, which is why I was leaning toward a glaze.

I don`t know, I still might just go the Optimum route.

III
01-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Jdookie, have you ever thought of just going with a one-step product? I find Poorboy`s PWC to work very well when I`m in a pinch. Granet, it will only take out or hide minor/light swirls and blemishes, but it works.

Glossmaster
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
OCW sounds like the best option for you at this time. RMG should be topped, that`s for sure.

imported_Neothin
01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
maybe try RMG topped with OCW? RMG doesn`t take all that long to apply and then OCW also is a quick product to get on the car. Even with SUV`s in the mix, that combo shouldn`t take all that long to apply. Plus OCW is easy to maintain by just spraying some more on the car. Sounds like a winner.

JasonD
01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
OCW will bond to RMG? I figured the oils would reduce the longevity of the OCW drastically?

Glossmaster
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
OCW will bond to RMG? I figured the oils would reduce the longevity of the OCW drastically?

Good point, but I`ve never had that problem. OCW is so easy to use that if you had to, you could apply another coat after your next wash. It applies just like a QD.

imported_Picus
01-12-2006, 07:17 PM

I use OCW over RMG and haven`t noticed a difference in durabilty. OCW does not last 5 months like the bottle states, but I`ve seen it go for 8-12 weeks over RMG with no problem. I`ve used Nattys Blue and Poorboys ex w/carnuaba over RMG too, both worked fine.

Scottwax
01-12-2006, 07:30 PM

OCW beaded for 3 months over RMG on a Lexus SC430 for me earlier this year.

JasonD
01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Awesome info guys! I think I found my setup for this weekend. I`ll probably hit each car with a pass of Optimum Polish, RMG (if needed), then OCW. The two SUV`s and the mustang aren`t all that bad, so Optimum Polish + OCW will be enough for them, but the F150 SuperCrew is in really bad shape, and will need all three.

That poor truck was our evacuation vehicle, and still has bugs stuck to the front of it from September. I`ve tried to get them off numerous times, but haven`t any luck yet. Hopefully, the Optimum Polish will help a bit. I even used one of those Pinnacle bug and tar pads to try to get them off, and all it did was marr up the finish and didn`t do squat for the bugs!

imported_Neothin
01-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I tried one of those bug scrubby pads also... needless to say its now collecting dust :(

If the truck is as bad as you say it is, you may even have to switch to opt compound...

SpoiledMan
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
OCW beaded for 3 months over RMG on a Lexus SC430 for me earlier this year.

You clearly mean 3 days or something as we`re only 12 days into this year.:D:D

JasonD
01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I think I have a bottle of Optimum Compound in the detailing cabinet. It`s been so long since I`ve detailed anything, I can`t remember what I have anymore.

Trust me, it`s that bad. Obviously, the bugs are gone, but the stains from the million love bugs are still there, along with lots of scratches and marring.

Upon returning to New Orleans about two weeks after Katrina, the only way to get around was with a 4wd pickup. Some streets were clear, and then you`d turn the corner to see three feet of water, or downed trees everywhere. Unfortunately, we had to beat up a $42,000 truck, but it was our only choice.