PDA

View Full Version : P21S Total Auto Wash Dilution Ratios

chml17l
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Just purchased my first bottle of P21S Total Auto Wash. I know its fairly concentrated and yet safe for paint. My take is that it can be diluted like any APC and used accordingly.

What dilutions ratios would P21S TAW be used for the following:

-wax/sealant removal

-a light wash shampoo (non-wax stripping)

-pre wash soak

-bug removal

-tar removal

-wheel well cleaning

-upholstery/carpet cleaning

-vinyl/plastic interior cleaning

Any other dilution uses I hadn`t listed would be appreciated.

Accumulator
01-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I`ve used that stuff for years but I only use it for certain tasks. When I dilute it I just do it roughly, by eye and adjust it as needed. I"ve sorta gotten away from using it, been buying EF High Intensity instead, but I still have a jug or two of the TAW around. I was just thinking of it today after seeing a decent price for it on Amazon.com.

It doesn`t really strip wax all *that* well, but use it straight for that. It`s more like it compromises the wax but still leaves some behind. Ditto for cleaning tar/bugs. Plan on having to redo the LSP.

Don`t use it for a regular wash. Not enough lubricity or suds.

I`d try cutting it with water about 50:50 for wheelwells and just adjust it depending on how it works for you. Sorry to be so vague but I never really gave the dilution ratios any real thought. This 50:50 mix might be OK for interiors too, but be sure to rinse thoroughly (and consider how you`re gonna get it out of fabrics- actually I dunno if I`d even *use* it on fabrics unless you can rinse/etc. with an extractor).

I`m sort leery of "all purpose" products like this..I use it primarily as a degreaser for not-too-bad engine compartments and undercarriages and I use it undiluted for that.

Sorry, I bet this wasn`t a very helpful answer :o

Spilchy
01-12-2006, 05:08 PM
TAW is a waste of money. Using it wheel wells IMHO is tossing money down the drain. You can buy a gallon of the Meguiar`s new APC and dillute it for your needs and it is just as delicate. You can use the Eimann Fabrik HI, and dillute it too although a bit stronger but still safe.

If anything, you can use it full strength on paint and trim without issues. I have used it this way many times

I have all 3 APC`s and no longer really use TAW.

chml17l
01-16-2006, 09:23 AM
All the info is much appreciated. I had been curious about the TAW since trying several of the other P21S products in kit form. I agree that the TAW is over-priced for general APC use; however, I just got a liter on sale to try out on the *special* car. ;)