PDA

View Full Version : what your opnion ....in zymol wax and price?

maxi
01-12-2006, 06:01 AM
i bought sampler kit zymol estate glaze ....aftar many test isaw the result is not above the pinnacle souveran result . or some time its same result

the test in land crusier toyota black ...and pinnacle vs zymol in this car

pre wax hd cleans + destniy zymol = dark color nice shine true color with $$$$$470$$

auto glym (becuse i didont have pinnacle pre wax)+pinnacle souveran=owo relly rech color shine with hi gloos with out miss the sharp or clarlity with 80$.

my friends vote the pinnacle is more better in black

i change my opnion in zymol result in dark colors specaliy

pinnacle is the winner . :welcome

BobD
01-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I have never been a huge fan of Zymol. The guy that got me really started into detailing used to always tell me to use it but it never did much for me.

PadawanPrime
01-13-2006, 03:52 AM
My brother just started using Zymol last year, and he has the best looking car I`ve ever seen in real life. People have told me his car is brand new, when it`s really 10 years old! I don`t know what he pays for Zymol, but it looks fantastic. AFAIK, his prep is fantastic, he only needs to maintain what he has already done.

My car doesn`t look nearly as good, but I haven`t done as much prep work (scared to do to much buffing w/ soft Honda paint, and white hides everything). And I love the ease of use of S100, and how it doesn`t stain my trim, so I haven`t tried Zymol myself.

Peace.

Mikeyc
01-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I`ve been using Zymol for the last 6 or 7 years. To keep costs down I just order the Pebble Beach sampler instead of paying $400, $800, or $1000 for the full size versions of these waxes. Like all detailing products proper prep and technique are important. If your car has swirling you`ll need to polish first. If your paint has a lot of embedded contaminants then you`ll need to clay before polishing. I also find that I get much better bonding when I preceed the Zymol wax application with an application of HD-Cleanse. A couple of other tips for using estate glazes are

-always buff off with a microfiber

-don`t let the wax sit for more than a moment before buffing off (I recommend applying to an entire panel and then immediately buffing)

-use the hand application method described in the Zymol instructions never use a foam applicator to apply an estate glaze

-apply only a very thin layer of wax

I get excellent results with Zymol better than any other product I`ve used and I`ve used Sovereign.

Andrew Timmins
01-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Mikeyc

How easy is it to apply a very thin coat of wax using hand application rather than a foam pad? Do you apply with fingertips, palms or both?

Andrew

Accumulator
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
It`s that (literally) by-hand application that stops me cold. Just not something I want to do no matter how great it might look :grinno:

imported_Bence
01-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Take two or three pea sized pieces, and rub them between your palms, fingers. It will reach a fine, creamy consistency, covering your entire hand surface. Then, gently start to massage the body with two hands; just as you`d do with a girl. It is a quite strange, mechanically sexual, but satisfying feeling and very easy to spread a really thin layer on the paint.

True, if you hate belt sanders, remove the wax after max. 30 seconds. The result will be pleasing but I never felt a pronounced difference between a good applicator and my hands. If you twist the applicator quick enough in the jar, you`ll reach the same consistency and the results are downright comparable.

My only concern is that our hands, skin is far more absorbent than we`d anticipate, therefore the thought that unknown solvents and the like are entering my body, causes me a little bit of discomfort. But just for the experience, it is definitely worth it.

the other pc
01-13-2006, 05:48 PM
...Then, gently start to massage the body with two hands...Do I need to buy it dinner first?

PC.

imported_Bence
01-13-2006, 05:52 PM
This process will ensure that even a Dodge Charger will have a face like the cat in Shrek 2...

Alfisti
01-14-2006, 06:37 AM
My car doesn`t look nearly as good, but I haven`t done as much prep work (scared to do to much buffing w/ soft Honda paint, and white hides everything).

What model Honda? If its white, its probably not clear-coated, and as such will be VERY hard. You shouldn`t be scared about hurting it...you should be scared of it hurting you! :D

I`m doing one currently...`99 Honda Civic. Three quarters of the way through and its hard work. Using 1Z Extra with a BO6040 on forced rotation. Its coming up nicely, but very slow. :faint: