PDA

View Full Version : can i use pinnacle souveran after?

maxi
01-12-2006, 05:47 AM
can i use pinnacle aftar nxt hi tech ?

which best pre wax to use befor waxing by pinnacle souvern .?

now iuse auto glym for good cleaning ..... i dont like klass to much for dark color ..but is nice .

thanks. :welcome

DM101
01-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I use Menerza PO85RD but you could use Menerza Final Polish then I would use Red Moose Glaze then Souveran. And be quick to put on your sunglasses.

Glossmaster
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes you can top nxt with souveran. No problems at all. As for pre wax........... vm,rmg & ocp are my favorite pre wax products.

Hey, Moe!
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Gee, everyone seems to be impressed with RMG. Since I am fairly new to this, I last used Megs #3 under my LSP, which was IW. Does RMG really make a difference, or would I also need to "upgrade" the LSP, as well?

DM101
01-12-2006, 11:14 AM
What is your lsp now? MeGuires glazes are good #3, 5, and 7..... RMG just gives a different look. IMO I like it a little better than MG`s... But the key is what kind of polish do you start with? You need a good clean surface first. Like the use of Men. Final polish or VM. Then put your Glaze on. Then your Lsp like Sourv., Natty`s blue....Then get those sunglasses out fast..I one of the people who preach for a good glaze before the lsp!

Hey, Moe!
01-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I have used Collinite 845, and it works well for the winter season here. But, I would consider a different LSP when spring comes, just to try something else.

I have been using Griot`s machine polishes (a holdover from non-Autopian days) with a PC. But, I intend to buy new polishes soon. I do have the DAS pads to go with the PC.

If you have a polish suggestion, either as a first step to #3 or RMG, I am happy to listen to your advice. I have very little marring on my dark gray car; however, I know I will need something stronger if I work on my girlfriend`s vehicle.

DM101
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I would look at the Menzerna polishes. http://www.properautocare.com/mengerbespol.html

They have worked great for me and lots of others. Pick what you need. Use the RMG then the souveran and hold on. Then add a extra coat(s) of souveran at least 24 hours apart. Then stand back!

imported_Neothin
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
You could even go as crazy as I did on my car. I polished with PO85RD and then applied everything seen in my signature. just a FEW products before Souveran. But it really is breathtaking in the sun.