PDA

View Full Version : Propel Pads: What to use, and *where to GET them?*

ZeroBurn
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I just got a new PC 7424 and need some pads, as well as the approproiate bp/cw for some polishing (klasse aio/sg, p21s wax).

from what i`ve heard, i need a 6" bp and 6" cw, and 6.5" propel p2 pads. i`ve decided to go with propel as opposed to sonus or das at the moment.

from the cutting chart, it seems i need to use green or blue pads for the klasse aio and sg, and grey for the p21s.

any opinions? the paint`s great, so there`s no work that needs to be done on it, just application and polishing (thus 6.5" p2 pads as opposed to 4").

are there any places besides excel that sell propel pads and kits? i can`t seem to find any, and i called- excel`s out of blue pads atm so i`d like to find somewhere else to order them if possible.

quick question re: p21s over klasse sg- i heard if i use successive layers of klasse sg, it`s durable enough without p21s over it. is this accurate?

jacks
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Zeroburn,

I just ordered the "newer stlye" of those pads from Excel. They are on the next page and they have the Blue in stock.

IMO I have had some good success with layering SG and also topping with Natty`s Blue on my Black car.

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
It looks to me that the blue original is out of stock, not the P2 (at least according to the website). But it doesn`t appear that there are any P2 pad/plate kits yet. The blue Sonus DAS looks to be a similar pad to the P1.

White95Max
01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.exceldetail.com is the only place to buy Propel pads. There are P2s and original Propels. If it were me, and the blue P2 was out of stock, I`d just buy a blue original...or two. :)

I`d use the blue or green for AIO (depends on amount of cleaning you need), the gray for SG, and another gray for P21s. But I would actually apply SG and P21s by hand. P21s/S100 is so easy to use, I would never bother applying by PC.

cgc2
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Zeroburn...fwiw, go with a set of the the P2.

They work great with my rotary using a 6 inch flex backing, so you will have no problem with a pc using the 6.5 inch p2 pad. I would opt for the 5 inch flex pad if all you plan on using is the pc, because it works with the p1 and p2.

Patrick at Exceldetail.com is a class act and if you have any questions, just send him an email.

danwatt
01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Just got my yellow and green P2 pads in. They are great, neat idea. I`ll be sticking with propel pads from now on.

ZeroBurn
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
oh, looks like I was mistaken. They have the P2 6.5" in, I was looking at the original which are now OOS. However, it looks like they don`t have the 6" BP that i need in stock! doh! well if they`re the only ones that carry them, looks like i may not have a choice but to wait until more 6" BPs come in ..

what do you guys think of this buffing bonnet ?

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29307&pd=120299&recview=11

anything i can do by machine i`d rather that then by hand .. i`d like to feel i got my investment`s worth and use it as much as possible :)

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
This 6" plate at the Autopia store oughta do ya http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dasfp-6.html. Don`t forget to use the "Autopia" discount code.

ZeroBurn
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
it`s ok to use different BPs than the pads ?

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, man.

gmblack3
01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Just got my yellow and green P2 pads in. They are great, neat idea. I`ll be sticking with propel pads from now on.

I also just got some of the P2s a few weeks back. I really like them alot. I had more then a few questions for Patrick and he always got back to me within 24 hours if not sooner.

Great pads and excellent customer service.

White95Max
01-11-2006, 05:51 PM
it`s ok to use different BPs than the pads ?

All the backing plate is, is a plate with hook&loop (Velcro) material on the underside. Most or all backing plates will fit the Propel pads, and most or all pads will fit the Propel backing plate.

cgc2
01-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Zero Burn....If you need a 6 inch give Patrick a call or email.

Website says out of stock, but I was in the area and picked one up 2 days ago.

Setec Astronomy
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Maybe you got the last one, cg!

cgc2
01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
site already had posted out of stock prior to my purchase of a 6 inch for my rotary, so I dont think so sa.

Patrick has one in stock for the pc...I saw it.