PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my product line up

Mr_Elusive
01-11-2006, 06:56 AM
I`m starting to gather some products to polish my black car to perfection in the spring. From what I read here I have to buy a PC with an assortment of pads, a compound/swirl remover, polish, sealant, and a wax. So from what I gathered here I decided to go with the following:

Meguiar`s DACP (with Cutting Pad)

Poorboys SSR 1 or 2.5

Autoglym SRP

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Any advice on my line up? Feel free to add some technique tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

Accumulator
01-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Some people say you shouldn`t use a (Meguiar`s brand) cutting pad with the PC, but plenty of people do it. Most people like DACP. Can`t comment on the SSRs as I don`t use them. The Autoglym topped with Souveran should work well.

Lowejackson
01-11-2006, 10:35 AM
I gave up on DACP as I could not get it to work for me whereas I had no problems with the Sonus polish. I also have a vague recollection of Mike Phillips saying a PC does not allow for DACP to break down correctly

Mr_Elusive
01-13-2006, 05:16 AM
So exactly what do you guys suggest I use with a PC to replace DACP? I need something to remove swirls and fine scratches.

imported_smprince1
01-13-2006, 05:23 AM
I think you can replace the DACP with SSR2.5. The SSR`s work well with PC.

Then you can follow up SSR2.5 with SSR1 to remove and micro marring and be LSP ready.

machboy
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Anyone actually had problems breaking down DACP with a PC?

I thought it was one of the easier polishes to use.

Mr_Elusive
01-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I just found a bottle of Autoglym Bodyshop Fine Abrasive 03B in the basement, could I use that to replace DACP?