PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Clay Bar

ptim
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I bought the Mothers clay bar kit that has a piece of clay about the size of Double Bubble Gum. You would think that you would get a bigger piece. :think:

Alfisti
01-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I think that`s about the standard size for OTC clays - 80g. I think Megs clay bar is the same size. The Mothers clay is a very good clay as clays go, but a bit small for the enthusiast. I now use the Sonus clay which is 100g. You get two blocks and great storage box! :bigups

http://autopia-carcare.com/son-3100.html

PadawanPrime
01-13-2006, 02:18 AM
I think that`s about the standard size for OTC clays - 80g. I think Megs clay bar is the same size. The Mothers clay is a very good clay as clays go, but a bit small for the enthusiast. I now use the Sonus clay which is 100g. You get two blocks and great storage box! :bigups

http://autopia-carcare.com/son-3100.html

Claymagic comes in the 200g size (plus a plastic storage box). :xyxthumbs

Size matters. :lol

Peace.

TortoiseAWD
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Claymagic comes in the 200g size (plus a plastic storage box). :xyxthumbs

Size matters. :lol

Peace.The Sonus clay that is linked to contains two 100 gram bars; for $18.95, it`s the same amount of clay as the Clay Magic "big" box. Here in Omaha, a local paint-and-body shop carries ClayMagic 200 gram bars for $30.70. Online pricing for ClayMagic 200 gram isn`t all that much better (around $25, the couple of sites I found it at).

Size may matter, but so does price. I`ve used both clays, and both do an excellent job. Other than slight differences in the stiffness of the two clays, I don`t see any difference in the end result . . . given that, I`m letting my wallet do the talking.

Tort

a.k.a. Patrick
01-13-2006, 09:09 AM
The Mothers kit is actually a nice little kit for those just getting started in detailing or carcare. I mean you get the 80g`s of great clay, some Showtime, which is an excellent QD/Lube, and i think its AIO cleaner/wax right? All for about $17.00? I would say you got exactly what you paid for! Nice kit Mom !

SK2003TypeS
01-13-2006, 01:24 PM
The Mothers kit is actually a nice little kit for those just getting started in detailing or carcare. I mean you get the 80g`s of great clay, some Showtime, which is an excellent QD/Lube, and i think its AIO cleaner/wax right? All for about $17.00? I would say you got exactly what you paid for! Nice kit Mom !

Well said ! It`s a small sample of the cleaner wax. Probably enough to do a medium sized sedan. I have a 2 or 3 year old bottle of it. :nervous: Maybe I should do use it on the household appliances at least.