PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Clearkote VM and RMG

74 thing
01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between Vanilla Moose and Red Moose Glaze. I have the Red Moose Glaze and I use it a lot on metallic cars because it really makes the metal flake pop. Thanks.

White95Max
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
They are very similar. As far as I can tell, the only obvious differences are the color and the price.

Scottwax
01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
RMG has less correcting ability but more depth on dark colors.

I have both, plus a bottle where I have mixed them 50/50, seems to be the best of both worlds. :)

imported_Neothin
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
VM can be used to combine both the final polishing and glazing steps into one. It has enough abrasive cut to remove some light swirling and the glazing oils left over will hide whatever is leftover. RMG on the other hand doesn`t have nearly as much cut. Because of this, I use it strictly as a glazing product in my arsenal. I use a separate finishing polish and then follow up with RMG.

Rolla
01-13-2006, 10:25 AM
So I do have a PC, and usually do poorboys SSR line for swirl removal, which should I get VM or RM? From reading it appears VM as it has some cut and then fills?

imported_Neothin
01-13-2006, 10:28 AM
If you use the SSR series to polish out defects, I would get RMG. Because your using dedicated polishes to remove defects, your not going to need the cut provided by VM, instead, you can focus on having your glazing product provide the most appearance enhancement it can. IMO, RMG does a better job at doing this than VM does.

Rolla
01-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Cool thanks will go with RMG when warmer! BTW is this ok

SSR-AIO-RMG-SG or NXT wax and then Nattys blue?

imported_Neothin
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
nope. SG only likes to bond to AIO or previous layers of SG. Putting a glaze under SG will kill SG`s durability. Your going to have to switch to a different sealant. I`d recommend UPP. I would also drop the NXT and just use Natty`s Blue. Polish-AIO-RMG-UPP-Natty`s Blue would look outstanding.

White95Max
01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Using NXT after RMG would be a bad idea, since the cleaners in NXT would likely remove the RMG. Use Nattys Blue as a topper.